53- Pick your Sides

Author's POV

"You could have pushed me and gone to the other side. It would've been more dramatic." She shouted.

"Ah really? What about you? You were crying too much. It was making me nervous. You even cried in the rain. Who told you to do that?"

"What?" His words made no sense to her. She fisted her hand and clenched her jaws glaring at him. He gulped his nervousness as he said, "Don't look at me like that. You are so scary." He hunched over, pulling his legs together.

"Yeah, Right! You should have broken up with me then." Before Maya could give him a taste of hell, a voice came from the kitchen. "You both better stop unless you want to attend your funeral." Pranav peeked at them, giving them an all-serious look.

"Yeah, he is right! Let me at least adjust to this situation." Ayushi pressed her forehead. She felt speechless, looking at them.

Maya and Ajay looked at each other and smiled widely. "I love you."

"I love you too." Ajay bit his lips but still kept the heartfelt smile on his face. They put their arms around each other and looked at Pranav who squinted his eyes before going inside the kitchen. No sooner did he go inside, they removed their hands from each other's arms.

They were sitting on the sofa in Ajay's house. Ajay looked at her and after waiting for a long time, asked, "Should we tell Sarah too? Even Ayushi knows it now." He turned to see Ayushi looking at the walls in a daze. It felt like she lost all kinds of faith in the human race.

Suddenly, Maya's phone rang beside her and she saw a message from Ishaan.

Hey, should we tell Sarah? I think I am in trouble now.

She sighed and looked at Ajay. "I knew she would come to know. I think we must tell her."

"What happened?" When Ajay asked her, she showed him the phone. "Let's do it then." They both decided and called Ishaan.

After a long while, Ishaan came back with Sarah. He was too tired of handling her questions. Her curiosity was making her restless and each second felt like a ticking bomb.

She restlessly stood in front of Ajay's house, gazing at Ishaan. "Ishaan, I am not a patient person so don't test it. I am not gonna beat you so tell me, okay?"

He stared at her from the corner of his eyes. "You can see for yourself."

"You-" She was finally losing it when the door opened. "Come in, both of you." Ajay opened the door, greeting them inside.

Sarah barged inside and looked at Maya who was munching on a packet of chips. Being excited about seeing her, Maya rushed towards her and hugged her, catching her off-guard.

Meanwhile, Ajay snuck behind Maya to steal a few chips but he soon got smacked for stealing her chips. Maya couldn't help but giggle when he still took her chips, not caring about getting beaten up or not. "Take it." She handed him the packet, seeing him being too earnest about the chips.

Sarah was utterly shocked to even speak anything. She kept blinking and stared at Ayushi who nodded, sympathising with her feelings. "I can understand. I am also deeply shocked."

"What is happening? Can someone explain?" She finally regained herself and asked the only thing she was too curious about.

They all smiled at each other before retailing their story.

On the day of the party, Ishaan came to check on Maya when he received the news that she might be in danger.

He was glad to have not arrived too late. He was about to take out Maya when she rushed down the stairs to get her phone. Her hands were shaking and her body trembled. Ishaan felt as if he wouldn't forgive himself if he can't tell her. He was about to tell Maya everything when he felt as if it wasn't the right time.