𝗂𝗑. 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖼𝗄𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖺𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌

ix

ix. checks and balances

PSA: if the first part of the chapter gets boring, skip down to the three dots, the next episode is more enjoyable

PSA: if the first part of the chapter gets boring, skip down to the three dots, the next episode is more enjoyable. But you might be confused on who Jade is.
and react with the end letter.

DESPITE Hope's irritation towards the matter, Hope and Jewel were in charge of running Landon's supernatural tests. The two teenage girls were in the teen boy's room taking DNA samples.

"What are you guys doing here?" Landon asked in surprised after he opened his door, revealing the girls.

"Dr. Saltzman wanted us to administer yours tests, starting with some weird mystical blood analysis." Hope explained to him.

"No." Landon stated.

"Excuse me?" Hope raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, these tests determine whether or not I get to stay at the school, right?" Landon looked at them and they nodded yes. "There is no way I'm putting my future in Hope's hands...she's biased." he informed.

"At least it is not Henrik and Jeremiah." Stefan stated.

"That's why I'm here, checks and balances." Jewel assured him.

"I'm not biased. Besides neither of us has a choice. Believe me, this is not how I would choose to spend my day, either." Hope defended.

Landon turned to walk away, "See? Biased."

"Landon, last thing that you told me was that you wanted to find answers about who or what you are. So, here's our chance...are you in or out?" Jewel asked him.

      "You can stop. You failed. You have no supernatural strength." Hope informed Landon as she look irritably at the stop watch.

     Landon grunted, "What's next?"

     "Next? You failed the vertical climb, the long jump, and you straight up refused to swim across the lake." Hope sighed.