𝗑𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗌

xviii

xviii. who lives:

     "I HAVE some news

"I HAVE some news. Many of you, like me, have forgotten that we are hosting this year's Miss Mystic Falls Pageant." Alaric announced as his students groaned.

"Yes!! I love the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. I can't wait to see my girls!" Caroline shouted.

   "Trust me, I know. But the rotation is set in stone. So, let's take the opportunity to maintain our image as a normal school for the rich and awful. As usual, anything remotely magical, enchanted, vampire, wolf, or witch-related must be kept tucked away, hidden, and under lock and key. Now...with your chore assignments." Alaric continued before he allowed Lizzie to come to the podium.

       "Okay, so we'll split into teams..." Lizzie began.

"Why do you have Landon bothering Hope and Jeremiah?" Jewel asked Henrik who pointed towards the door.

"Because the parents killer is here." Henrik explained as Roman walked through the door.

"What does he mean?" Kol asked Aloha.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Aloha answered.

     Jewel made eye contact with Roman before turning towards her boyfriend. She shoved Henrik, "How could you say that so nonchalantly? What is wrong with you?" she asked him.

     "What do you want me to do, Jewel? Hope and I don't hold him accountable anymore for murdering our mom. It was his family's fault." Henrik explained.

     "That was not the turn I was expecting." Damon blowed.

    "You called him the parent killer." Jewel rolled her eyes at him.