𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑾𝑹𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑵 𝑨𝑭𝑭𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑺

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Polly. She was known for her cold glares, sharp features and her ways of asserting dominance and protecting her family over being a people pleaser. All of Birmingham feared the posh woman and her nephews, as they were afraid of what they might do to them if they tried any one of them. But, you never really knew her in that fearful context.

The mention of her name caused a sparkle to appear in your eye. You loved the woman to pieces. When you were with her, you were never treated so well. With you, she didn't put that hardcover on. When you talked about your day, she listened with a smile and interest, expressed her affection without hesitation, and spoiled you rotten. The excuse she gave Tommy when the funds were lowered was, 'She deserves it. The poor girl works like a dog, let me buy her some satin for fucks sake!' Or something like that.

You had found it utterly hilarious with her excuses and how Tommy would complain to you. Polly absolutely adored you. But, spoiling you wasn't her only love language.

Polly, before you, never really knew how to properly write. Due to her lack of education, you weren't surprised. It seemed as if she was ashamed of the fact when she admitted it early in your relationship. You, though, didn't just nod when she told you. No. As a person who did have an education and who was literate, you couldn't let the woman be ashamed for the rest of her life and struggle with her work.

Instead, you attempted to educate her. She deserved to know how to write in the proper ways. And after continuously insisting, she finally let you do something and helped her.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

1924.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Pol, we are never going to progress if you keep being stubborn." You admitted with a sigh, tapping the pen that was in your hand against the beaten, wooden table.

Polly stared at the scribbles on the paper that had sat in front of her, "I'm awful at it, so why should I even bloody try? Look at it! It's fucking..it is what Finn would call a masterpiece."

You glanced over at the paper, then back at Polly. She sat there with her chin in her hand, clearly disappointed in herself. You paused before moving your chair closer to hers, your arms going around both sides of her torso.

"Y/n, I don't-"

"Polly, let's give it one more try. Please." You looked her in the eye with the look of pleading. Polly bit the inside of her cheek, glaring down at you. She knew she couldn't refuse you when you had given her that look. The look when you wanted something and you just looked too sweet to nod off.