𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑹𝑺

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒;

𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄, 𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐄, 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒, 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐌𝐀 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"How..could you?" You had just managed to squeak out, clutching your injured stomach with one hand and supporting yourself with the other. You gazed up at the man who you were just bandaging on a bed, struggling to breathe correctly.

Soldiers were hostile in these times. You couldn't blame them, it was a fucking war going on and they were out fighting, let alone getting injured. You were a helpless nurse and could only do so much. Soldiers lashed out on you if the pain was too much, but not once did one beat you to the ground.

Until now.

The cut that he had made on your stomach was deep as blood ran down the skin, soaking through your white clothes. Blood had also started to run from your nose, you felt as if you were a worn down punching bag that was about to rip apart. All you felt was pain, a burning sensation all over your body and rushing back to the cut.

A fellow nurse ran over to you and kneeled down, a rag in hand to put over the cut. You seethed, nodding your head at her before using her as a support to help you up. You snatched the medical tool from his hand and threw it onto your table, wiping the blood off your nose along with the tears that had run down your cheeks.

"I attempt to remain civil in these situations, which I am as you-"

"Stupid cunt."

You sucked in a breath, not knowing what to say any more. You turned around to give the rag you had in hand to Mildred, "I'm getting out of here before I cut him. I need to stitch this up.." You whispered, walking away and hoping your nose would stop bleeding and the stitches wouldn't be too painful.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Your eyes shot open, a hand over your stomach like it was in the dream..or recurring memory. You took a reliving deep breath at the realisation that it wasn't real anymore. It was the past. Though, the past kept catching up to you in the most vulnerable of times. Including your sleep.

"Bad dream?" Polly asked, your heart jumping and a gasp eliciting from your lips as you heard her voice that broke the silence. Your head shot right to look at her, eyes squeezing shut as you realised it wasn't a ghost or something. Because that would totally be logical.