chaptor three

( the ground )
third point of view

( — )

Logan strolled out of the drop ship grinning madly, Roma walked out not far behind him, giving the boy a quick peck before strutting away.

With a smirk he strolled towards Wells, pulling a pale blue t-shirt over his head as he did.

"Where the hell have you been? Some kids have been going at it in the drop ship for about three hours now! And why the fuck are you so sweaty." Wells demanded, his hands on his hips.

Though realisation soon dawned on Wells and he dropped the wood in his hands.

Bit dramatic, Logan thought.

"Really Logan! The whole camp could hear you guys." Wells physically shivered in disgust, looking horrified.

"Oh come on Wells. Let me have my fun!" Logan complained, throwing his arms up like a child.

Both Logan and Wells turned their attention to the line forming in the middle of camp, exchanging a look before they stormed over.

"Who's next." Bellamys voice boomed through the camp.

"What the fuck are you doing Blake." Logan demanded, his face hardening.

"We're liberating ourselves. What does it look like." God Logan wanted to punch that smug look of his face.

"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed. The communication system is dead. These wristbands are all we got. Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying, that it's not safe for them to follow." Wells shouted, trying to get the message across. It worked as people seemed to look convinced, until Bellend Blake opened his big mouth, again.

"That's the point, Chancellor. We can take care of ourselves, can't we?"

Multiple delinquents shouted in a agreement.

"You think this is a game? Those aren't just our friends and our parents up there. They're our farmers, our doctors, our engineers. I don't care what he tells you. We won't survive here on our own, and besides, if it really is safe, how could you not want the rest of our people to come down?" Wells shouted desperately.

"Because he's a selfish dick. Aren't you old man." Logan taunted Bellamy in attempt to anger him, it worked.

"My people already are down. Those people locked my people up. Those people killed my mother for the crime of having a second child. Your father did that. So did yours."
Bellamy spoke spitefully, pointing an accusing finger at both boys.

At the mention of his father Logan's whole body tensed up and he suddenly looked more interested in his shoes than the argument.
Bellamy took notice of this but didn't speak up on it.

"My father didn't write the laws. Neither did Logan's." Wells pointed out, clenching his teeth together.

"No. They enforced them, but not anymore, not here. Here, there are no laws." Bellamy roared gaining cheers of agreement throughout the crowd.