chapter seven

( the ground )
third point of view

A SCREAM ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE CLEARING, STARTLING THE HUNDRED AWAKE.

Clarke was the first person to run in the direction of the scream, stumbling in shock as she took in the scene before her. Amara lay crumpled on the floor, shaking rigidly as she cried over a bloody corpse. Clarke couldn't see the person clearly from where she stood behind the girl yet her stomach twisted horribly.

"Amara, who..who is that." She stuttered slightly as she took a cautious step forward. Multiple gasps echoed from behind her, indicating that everyone had caught up to her. Including Bellamy and Wells, who now stood at her side.

"I-i can't f-find a p-pulse." Amara heaved, her small frame still managing to shield the persons face. "He w-won't wake u-up."

"Who won't wake up, Amara." Wells shouted over to the young girl, the only sound in the clearing being the small girls sobs.

Though the girl never responded, instead she stood up, letting them see for themselves.

Various gasps cut through the clearing as everyone set their eyes on a pale and bloody, Logan Quinn.

"No.." Clarke gasped, rushing to his side as she desperately checked for a pulse.

Wells had made his way over to Logan before dropping to the ground beside Clarke, watery eyes full of disbelief.

"Clarke do something!" He demanded, swallowing the bile that forced its way up his throat.

Bellamy stood a little behind Wells, face riddled with shock as he pulled a sobbing Amara into his side, trying his best to calm her down.

"I-i need help carrying him to the drop ship." The panic in Clarkes voice was clear and Bellamy couldn't help but panic himself, demanding a few of his crew to carry Logan to the second floor.

The hundred parted to let the boys through, light chatter buzzing amongst them as they all got a sight of the unconscious boy.

As Clarke went to follow after them, Wells pulled her back.

"You can help him can't you?" Wells looked like he needed the reassurance, so Clarke gave it to him.

"I hope."

( — )

A day had passed since Logan was found unconscious, in that time Clarke had managed to stop the bleeding on both his abdomen and chest along with stitching the wounds back up.

Though Logan was still unconscious due to blood loss, making the hundred wary as they still had no idea who had attacked him. Most figured the grounders, yet some suspected someone in the camp had been the attacker.

One of those people being Clarke, she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that if it had been the grounders, why had they been so messy? She had seen the accuracy of their attacks first hand and she knew for a fact they were too skilled to leave Logan alive if they had the intention of killing him, the cuts weren't deep enough.