chapter six

( the ground )
third person point of view

LOGAN SAY IN THE CORNER GRUMPILY AS HE WAITED FOR BOTH CHARLOTTE AND BELLAMY GO WAKE FROM THEIR 'PEACEFUL' SLUMBER.

Charlotte had awoken him during the night with her screams, Bellamy had been the one to comfort her as Logan sat half awake in the corner.
He wasn't able to get back to sleep afterwards, instead he carved random things into the boulder he lay against, as he awaited daylight.

The knife scraped along the boulders outer core, goosebumps erupting on Logan's arms as he heard the screech it caused.
Grimacing, he dropped the knife to the floor hoping to shake to odd feeling. Though he froze as as the metal hitting the the stone ground echoed throughout the cave.

His eyes shot to Charlotte who still lay fast asleep, head rested upon Bellamy's jacket. Logan coughed awkwardly as he turned his attention to the older man, only to find him already up and looking his way.

"Finally you're up." Logan cleared his throat before turning his back to Bellamy. "Wake Charlotte up will you, she listens to you more than she does me."

"Who died and left you in charge then." Bellamy scoffed, though he still moved towards Charlotte and shook her gently. "Charlotte, Charlotte."

"Hopefully you." The younger boy uttered, slipping his knife into his waistband and his jacket over his shoulders.

"What was that?" Bellamy questioned, obviously not having heard exactly what had been mumbled.

"Nothing." Logan smirked before marching towards the caves entrance, not getting far before a hand enclosed it's self around his wrist. "Get your filthy hands of me, Blake."

Logan ripped his wrist from the taller boys grasp, stepping away in disgust.

"Calm down pretty boy, i just saved your ass no doubt." Bellamy rolled his eyes before gesturing towards the entrance. "You didn't even check if the fog had cleared."

"It probably has by now, hours have passed." Logan snarked, though he took a couple hesitant steps towards the back wall. He rolled his eyes at the stupid pet name, thought a light blush sister his tanned cheeks. It wasn't noticeable, to which he was glad.

Bellamy merely rolled his eyes, something he seemed to do a lot when Logan was around, before cautiously stepping out of the cave.

Logan waited patiently, fully awaiting for the boy to scream out in pain but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"It's clear." Bellamy shouted gruffly, peeking his head inside the cave causing Logan to stumble back in fright.

"Seven hells." He muttered as he trudged past Charlotte, squinting at the rays of sun that beamed through the gaps in the thick trees.

"Anybody out here? Jones?" Bellamy called out from behind Logan, shrugging his jacket back over his shoulders.

"We're here!" Jones replied as him and a few others emerged from the tree line, they all looked to be unharmed.