(9)

Chapter 9

There is nothing I want to do. I finished all my homework at school so I didn't have to worry about that. I'm pacing back and forth in my and Peter's room.

I have been at the tower for half an hour. My phone has no appeal, I tried to read a book but after reading the same line for the 5th time I gave up. So I settled on walking around the room.

"Ms. Olivia, your heart rate has reached 120. Would you like me to contact the boss?" F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice asks from the speakers, stataling me. 

"145. Your BPM has increased." "I'm fine Fri. This is normal." I responded. I start to snap my fingers to help me self-regulate. I realize that I'm under-stimulated and I should really be doing something about it instead of just rolling with the anxiety attack I'm slipping into, but I feel like if I leave the room I'll become an inconvenience to whoever is in the tower. 

"Your normal bpm is 105. This is not normal. Contacting Peter." F.R.I.D.A.Y informed. "NO! That's ok really. I just need a snack, yes a snack."

I made my way to the common room. My heart still racing.

Everyone except for Mr. Captain America was nowhere to be seen. I guess he heard me inter because he looked up from his fails that he had spread across the counter.

"Hello, Olivia. How was school?" he asked. 

"Um, it was fine." Why does every adult ask me that? Do they just not have anything else to start a conversation with? Why does he want to talk to me? He doesn't even know me that well.

After rading the fridge and snack cabinet that Mr. Stark always keeps stoked, I try to skerry back to the safety of my room. Key word tried.

"Hey kid, you ok. You look a little out of breath." Cap asked. I guess he didn't go back to whatever he was working on.

"Um, y-yeah. I-I'm fine." he raised an eyebrow at me. That's so cool. He can raise a single eyebrow, I wonder if he can do it on the other side. I know that I can't do that. nether can Peter nor Aunt May.

"You should sit, drink that gaderadi you have there." oh right I was in a conversation, kind of.

"Um, ok." I took a seat on one of the stools and opened my drink, and a bag of potato chips. This unexpected human interaction is not helping my heart rate.

"I knew a kid with autism when I was younger. You seem more in control than he did," he added. Ohhh, he has questions about my ASD. Why didn't he just ask instead of making up an excuse for me to sit?

"I have high-functioning ASD. Which means I can fake it till I make it." I admitted. Cap looked like he was taking it in, yet still confused. "If I wasn't diagnosed, Then people probably wouldn't notice." I guess he didn't know how to respond because an awkward silence filled the space rather quickly.

"Well it was nice talking to you, but I'm a' go." grabbing the food I run off before he could say another word.

A/N) I did a chapter, I did a chapter.

I'm trying to make this story go a little bit faster 'cause Olivia's reaction toward things may or may not be triggering anxiety attacks. But anxiety is important for Olivia as a character. But I'm going to jump over to Peter's POV for a chapter or two so I can take a breather, literally.

Hope you are enjoying my story and thank you so much for reading it.