(27)

The effects of the meltdown came just as fast as the meltdown itself. As soon as the adrenaline died down my head was pounding even harder, my eyes were dry, and my throat was hoarse. I sat on a medical table in one of the labs in the tower as Mrs. Potts patched up my wounds. Mr. Stark leans against the wall watching me as if he wasn't convinced I wouldn't start rampaging again. I can't blame him, I don't believe I won't myself. But with how tired I am, I doubt it will be long-lived.

"Ok. Everything is cleaned and wrapped. Do you need anything Livi?" Mrs Potts asked as she got off the floor right in front of me. I shake my head not having the want or ability to respond verbally.

I hate that they feel as though they need to take care of me. I destroyed their things and disrupted their evening and they are still devoting their time to me. I hate it when Peter and Aunt May are like this, but something about this not being my home made it worse.

Hopping off the table I head to my room, and luckily the two adults didn't say a thing. I fell asleep almost immediately. Hopefully tomorrow all will return to normal.

Peter's POV.

I've been at Ned's house most of the afternoon, trying to find as much information on the Masked Shadow as possible. After hours of looking, we got nothing. He really did show up out of nowhere. After our unsuccessful advanced Googleing, I went off on patrol.

It was shaping out to be a normal, laid-back patrol day. I stopped a couple of robberies, helped some cats out of trees, and confiscated some, well um, stuff. Very normal day.

That was until my spidey sense started going crazy. I looked up, down, left, right and I couldn't see anything, yet my spidey sense just grew louder. "Hello, Spider-Man." a voice called out from behind me. I swirled around, but nothing was there. "Don't worry my little arachnid. I'm only saying hi." The voice sounded as if it was right next to me, but like last time when I turned to look, nothing. "have you seen my bug trap anywhere recently? I truly do miss them." So loud, louder than my thoughts, as if the voice was coming from my head.

"Oh, don't be absorbed, Parker. How could I be in your head?" He knows who I am. I turn around frantically trying to spot him, knowing it's pointless. "You are harder to track down than I thought. With your Aunt out of the country, and your Iron friend, hovering constantly, all of my previous knowledge of your dwelling place, And daily activities has been rendered useless."

I felt so helpless. There is nothing I can do but sit and listen. He's in my head, he knows my name and my family. What's stopping him from taking everything away from me?

"I want so much more than ripping the things you love away. I want to make you feel the pain I feel on a daily due to your actions. Watch you squirm as you witness your family dissolve."

"My actions?" I questioned "You might not remember me right now, but soon you will wish you never forgot." after he said that my Spidy-since died down, and the world came back into focus, but everything still felt off. I ran through the conversation again and again as I stood in my spot on the roof. 'have you seen my bug trap? I truly miss them' was the one thing that seemed out of place. the rest was to scare me and prove he knew more than I thought, But bug trap?

my phone rang in my pocket, seeing MJ's name I answered. "Hey MJ. What's up?" "Hey, Pete. We still meeting up Monday morning before school right?" her monotone voice really helped bring me back down to reality. "Yup! same time same place. I'm dragging Liv with me as well so she will be there too. Why did you think I wouldn't be coming?" I could practically hear the shrug on the other side of the call. "I got something for you and if you weren't going to show up there would be no point in bringing it." I perked up at that "You got me something?" I ask. "don't read too much into it dufus. Just don't be late." she hung up the phone, and I couldn't help the small chuckle.

It was still early in the night and I really needed more of a distraction from the mind invasion. It's a Saturday night so there is plenty for Spider-Man to be up to. Olivia is going to kill me in the morning, as I'm not taking my typical percussions. but that sounds strangely like tomorrow's me problem.

A/N) Hey people sorry for the slow updates. Man do I have the strangest life events happen in the last few months. It has to do with my pet Chicken. I'll put an update in the A/N chapter as I don't want to make another part that isn't due to the story. I'm going to try to update more often, as I can see the end more clearly now so I'm excited to get this story finished up. see you in the next part.