Mayhem(2)

Ch 15: Mayhem (2)

ENJOY!!

.........

Going a bit back in time...

It was dark, hollowed cave the colour of grey with. A hollow cube of concrete, with a single entrance which also served as the exit with no windows around. In here, it was hard to discern the passing of time. No day. No night. Just darkness with the only source of light being small cracks in the ceiling through which, sunlight shone ever so slightly. Noise of sea water coming ashore could be faintly heard from the distance and the air itself had somewhat of a salty taste. Given enough time, a person could forget their own nature in here especially when in complete isolation with no one to talk to, with no one to communicate and share with. There was hardly any sound and light, with no such thing as a furniture of any kind. Cool, damp and wet atmosphere and nothing else.

Right now, someone could be seen in here, bound by chains with eyes covered by bangs. It was Bell who seemed to be asleep or perhaps not since from time to time, he tried to free himself from these bounds but to no avail. It seemed these chains weren't normal since even his stats weren't enough to break through. On top of that, he had used up all his mind and energy in the fight before so couldn't use magic or skills. He was just barely conscious as is on top of being severely injured.

He had truly taken a lot of beating and especially that frog woman was vicious. Her attacks were merciless with no sign of holding back even in that public place. He had managed to parry somewhat but his hand broke with bones even coming out from under the skin. That truly was a horror sight, seeing his own bones poking out. The pain he felt back then was so great that he lost consciousness right then and there. Now atleast somehow it seemed they had managed to put his bones back in and healed correctly. This couldn't be accomplished by any potion since potions only healed wounds and nothing else. That meant that even a broken bones person could use the potion to heal the wounds, but the cost was too great. Those connected bones would become weak and disoriented, something faar worse than just cutting them off so precise surgery was required in case of bones.

Still, the question was why? Perhaps they wanted him to not die or some other purpose but still, he hated that frog woman more than anyone else. It was due to her that the inn collapsed and so many people got hurt. That said, he did look up to her and others who were with her mostly due to how strong they were when compared to himself.

It reminded him of how many powerful individuals there were in the world whom he still couldn't match yet.

Did he make the wrong choice back then?

He couldn't decide. Perhaps it was right since he followed his convictions and didn't stray off from the path of a Hero or perhaps it was wrong since so much damage occurred all due to that impulsiveness of the moment.

Still, now he needed to get out of here and that too as soon as possible. He wasn't just going to just stay here to face more horrors. Who knew what they would do to him so better get out, but the question was, HOW?

There didn't seem to be any way for him to free himself unless perhaps someone from the outside gave him a hand, but his Familia wouldn't even know of his location. Even if they did, he didn't want them to come and save him since the amount of danger would simply not be worth it.

'What should I do?'

He didn't want to, but despair was taking over his mind, slowly but surely. The reason was because there didn't seem to be any hope left to get out of this mess.

'I just hope they won't be dragged into it'

'Still-', his though process was suddenly broken by some foreign noise which didn't seem to be here before.