Reunion

Ch 16: Reunion

ENJOY!!

....................

The next day...

"Damn it Damn it Damn it DAMN IT ALL!!!"

Ishtar stood in her room fuming with anger. Everything she had planned had gone haywire. One of her trump cards against Freya Familia had gone missing while her captain was in miserable condition. It was good that the arm was cut clean and was frozen before it could go bad otherwise this captain of hers would become one armed. She was being treated in the back tent even while she cursed the world.

It felt as if the entire world had turned against her. Why was it that every bad thing was happening to her? Why was it that every bad thing was happening to her.

As if that wasn't enough, Kali came to visit at the worst time possible.

As soon as that woman entered, she uttered a single word, taking her stance,

"I'm out!", she said.

Ishtar didn't need any explanation or context. She immediately knew what Kali was talking about and hearing that angered her to no end, but she stopped herself from blowing. She couldn't exactly do anything in current situation. She was weak when compared to Kali as-is and now her reliance, that growing demi-spirit was gone.

Yes! It was her who brought all those Violas and that Fetus out of Orario through back channels. The reason for that was because, Orario wasn't safe. If anyone got even a slight hint of their presence, then her familia along with them would have been exterminated and so she saw it fit to have them grow up outside in those dizzying caves but, everything was over.

Someone raided there, killed all the Violas and took that thing away and she couldn't do anything about it. She could only hope now that her involvement in all this would remain hidden otherwise, she wouldn't survive this time around.

Still, "But why?" the only thing she could do was to ask for a reason. Why was it that Kali who was so pumped up for this war against Freya was back tracking?

"It's simple really. You're too WEAK!", Kali had her doubts regarding this plan of hers and the incidents prior confirmed them. She wasn't capable of uprooting that behemoth even with some extra help.

Hearing such direct, negative remark, Ishtar's face contracted in humiliation, she gritted her teeth and asked again,

"What makes you say that?"

"You think I'm deaf or blind? Do you think I don't know about that captain of yours who's lying in half-dead state right now and that the one who did that wasn't even from Loki Familia. An alleged lvl 2 brought your familia to this misery. What else to say after that?"

"Humph! Lvl 2. That's what they say. I've never once believed that statement!", even though she said that, deep down she knew that it wasn't possible to fake one's level in front of the guild and that was especially true for Hestia Familia which was new. All of their members must have been verified at the guild regarding their levels so it couldn't be faked.

Still, she refused to believe just because she didn't want to believe.

Hearing her, Kali shook her head, laughing, "Believe what you want, I don't care! Anyway, best of luck and if you have even a bit of brain then don't target that familia. You won't be able to handle the consequences!"

"What consequences? What can Hestia or her Familia do anyway?"

"I'm not talking about her; I'm talking about Loki Familia. Would they let you harm the ones who helped them? Not to mention, all the damage that happened to the city..."