Chapter 1

The Hard Deck buzzed with cheery patrons. The dagger squad occupied the pool tables as usual. Fanboy and Coyote scouting out girls to take home.

"Hey, what about her?" Phoenix said motioning with her pool cue to the bar where Penny was handing a beer off to a young woman.The woman had her back to the large group. Her hair was dark brown, cut to just below her ear, it barely peaked out from the light brown Stetson perched on her head an accessory which made her stand out. She had one of those white peasant tops on paired with a light denim skirt and brown cowboy boots.

"I ain't opposed," Fanboy said handing his cue off to Bob. Swaggering over to the young woman sidling up to her.

"You look quite out of place darling, maybe I can help you find your way back home or maybe if we can't find your home. . .you can come to mine."

The woman took her hat off placing it on the bar in front of her "Dose that work on most girl's around here?" She asked curiously.

She turned to face Fanboy, her eyebrows were raised, her eyes were full of scepticism."Well, something along that line usually works" he confirmed.

The girl threw her head back laughing "Oh please tell me you're kidding?" She giggled

"No, usually the women like the uniform" Fanboy scratched the back of his neck embarrassed.

"My brother is Navy, I'm not even slightly impressed, I know how dumb Ya'll can be." The girl said sipping her drink and turning to lean on the bar.

"What's your last name? Maybe I know him." Fanboy said eagerly.

"You don't quit do you?" The woman laughed.

The woman turned her head to look at him again. "Seresin, my name is Abigail Seresin," she said casually.

Fanboy stared at her, his head whipping from her to Jake currently playing against Bob in pool."Oh my god, I've fucked up." Fanboy groaned rubbing his face. Abigail raised an eyebrow at him.

"I. . .um. . .Kinda work with your brother." He told her.

"I don't think Mickey is having much luck." Rooster said to Pheonix observing the two from afar.The other aviators looked over and Jake dropped his pool cue.

"I'll be a minute," he grumbled storming over to Fanboy and Abigail.

"Oh, Hangman!" Fanboy cheered nervously. "I've met your sister! She seems lovely." he chuckled, a thin sheen of sweat starting to appear over his forehead. "Oh, what's that Bob! You wanna play a game? Sure!" He scrambled off to the other aviators. Who were either confused or extremely amused

"Hi, Jake," Abigail said causally.

"Abbs, why are you here?" Jake asked.

"I'm drinking! Why else would I be in a bar?" She questioned.

Jake sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "Why are you in San Diego? You're meant to be in Texas with mum and dad," he said.

"I got transferred, and my boss told me I needed to deal with some team, I have a meeting with a Captain Mitchell tomorrow, until then thought I'd get a look at the bar life." she shrugged.Jake groaned running his hands down his face.

"My team, you're dealing with my team, why do we need a lawyer?"

"Because your Captain is a nightmare that should have at least been fired if it weren't for the Admiral he went to top gun with, Trust I've read Maverick's file, so Admiral Beau asked for a lawyer to be on base and my boss assigned me to it," she explained.

"I can't believe I'm working with you." Jake sighed shaking his head.

"Oh love you too my darling brother," she said sarcastically. "Oh, ~ do I finally get to meet Katie?" She asked excitedly.

"No, no you don't," Jake said instantly.

"Awe, come on Jake!" She laughed as he walked away. Abigail at his heels, Fanboy froze up again.

"Guys, my sister Abigail Seresin, our lawyer." Jake defeatedly introduced.

"The infamous dagger squad, Y'all are a mess of paperwork, you know that right?" She said with a hand on her hip.

"You. . .Don't look related." Rooster said.

"We know." the two said at the same time.

"Don't copy me," they said again.

"Dude." they both went.

Phoenix snickered covering her mouth with her hand. "Nice to meet you, Abigail, I hope you aren't as much of a Jerk as your brother." She said holding her hand out.

Abigail smiled shaking Phoenix's hand. "I'm not, I know that." she grinned.With her introduction to the group done. The dagger squad went back to pool, and Abigail seated herself on a stool watching.

A man sat next to her with a plastic cup of peanuts. "Bob" he introduced.

"Nice to meet ya Bob." she smiled he motioned the cup at her and she took a handful.
"Welcome to the dagger squad," he said as Rooster cheered at his victory over Hangman.

"I think I'm going to enjoy this" she smiled.