Chapter 14

"Date, this is a date," Phoenix repeated, sitting on Abigail's bed as Abigail showed her different dresses.

"Apology dinner," Abigail corrected. "Bob realised he was being an ass and this is his apology," she said, pulling out another dress that Phoenix gave a thumbs up.

"He's in love with you~" Phoenix sang.

"It's not a date!" Abigail repeated as she changed.

"Yes, because every time I say I'm sorry to Rooster, I take him to a nice restaurant," Phoenix said sarcastically.

"He does not have a crush on me," she repeated, adjusting the dress.

She turned to Phoenix, who gave her a thumbs up.

She'd picked out a light pink silk dress that fell gracefully to her knee, with a slight in the left side.

"Jewelery and shoes," she muttered to herself. "And makeup and oh god, I have an hour," she realised, looking at her phone.

"Okay, you know what, I'll get your shoes and Jewelery, and you focus on your hair," Phoenix told her gently.

Abigail curled her hair at her vanity, letting it fall in tight curls, Phoenix handed her the jewellery, the necklace being the cow tag Bob had gotten her for Christmas and small fake diamond earrings.

"Heels or flats?" Phoenix called from the shoe rack near her front door."Heels!" Abigail called back.

Phoenix rushed back in, handing her the shoes quickly and throwing her small white clutch bag at her.

"His car just pulled into the drive," she announced.

"He's early," Abigail panicked. "Like half an hour early, I know being early is polite but - Oh my god," Abigail quickly got on the simple nude heels grabbing her clutch.

When the doorbell rang "Well don't keep your date waiting." Phoenix grinned as Abigail glared at her, the two swiftly leaving her bedroom to the front door, Abigail pulled it open.

Bob stood at the door in a light blue dress shirt and dark fitted jeans and Chelsa boots.

"Oh Phoenix," Bob said, surprised. "I was helping her get ready for your date," Phoenix beamed.

"Not a date," the two said at the same time.

"Then why are you holding flowers?" She asked, pointing to the small bouquet of 3 white roses and Baby's breath in Bob's hand.

"Phoenix, please leave," Abigail told her.

Phoenix only grinned, hugging Abigail. "Have fun," she said quietly.

"And you," she pointed at Bob. "Get her back by 11"

"Thank you, Phoenix," Abigail called as the brunette left to her car.

"Your pilot is insane," Abigail announced to Bob as soon as Phoenix pulled out of the car park.

"I'm all too aware." Bob chuckled.

"Come on in, I'll put these in some water next to the others and then grab my coat, and we can leave," she said, standing to the side, allowing Bob in.

"You spoil me with the flowers. People will think I'm a florist soon," she joked when Bob handed her the flowers.

"My mother always said it was rude to show up to a date empty-handed. . .Not that this is a date, but I um it's you know to say sorry and-" Bob flushed.

"I get the sentiment Bob" she laughed getting a small vase from her cupboard filling it with water to place the flowers in, she checked the bottom "Pre cut, my, my, Bob Floyd, you sure do pay attention to details" she smiled.