Chapter 8

"Hey Abbie"

Abigail looked up to see Rooster in her doorway "What did Maverick do?" She asked "Nothing, I was just checking if you needed a lift to the Hard Deck or not"

"Oh Bradley, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I'm hanging out with Bob tonight" Abigail groaned.

"You and Bob? Never thought that'd happen" Rooster said surprised.

Abigail stayed silent a moment.

"Oh not that you idiot, we're just watching a show together"

Rooster wiggled his eyebrows at her "Bradley!" She scolded.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll tell the others you two are skipping out" He chuckled.

"Tell them it's for completely different reasons, I know it's nothing and it is nothing but Jake. . .Well he's Jake" she said.

"I know, but you get caught it's not on me"

Home time came and Abigail made sure to message Bob her address before going home and cleaning up her apartment a little.

Before changing from the professional dress to a pair of loose jeans, a white shirt, and a pale pink crochet cardigan.

She paused as she brushed her hair out in front of the large full-body mirror in her room.

She'd only ever seen Bob outside of base at the hard deck when he was in his khakis, she'd never actually seen him out of work in a 'normal' setting.

It was always the Hard Deck.

However, that train of thought was interrupted by her doorbell.

"Come in!" She called from the small kitchenette.

The door opened and Bob was stood with two shopping bags, dressed in a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and a flannel overshirt "The woman at the local shop 100% thinks I'm an alcoholic" he announced.

"The one with short blonde hair? About Pete's age?" She asked.

"I'm never getting used to him calling you his normal name," he told her setting the bags on her counter "Thank you"

"You're hosting after all"

"Robert, how many chips did you get!" She said shocked as she emptied the bag "A lot of them" he answered as she arranged the food onto a large.

"Can you look in the middle top cupboard, there's wine glasses in there" she told him.

Bob nodded moving behind her to the cupboard she pointed at"

"You don't drink do you?" Abigail asked arranging the range of chips, dips, and popcorn.

"Wine yeah but if I drank that in front of Bagman, he'd never stop and I've already given him enough to make fun of me for" He answered setting the glasses on the counter "Thanks, there's some small bowels in there too, mind grabbing them too?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Bob, I love you" she announced "I mean, I know that but why exactly do you love me right now?" He asked.

Abigail held the large par party-sized of M&Ms "Oh that" he chuckled "I love you so much" she grinned.

"Well I am amazing" Bob smiled setting the bowels by the glasses "Now where's your bottle opener?" He asked.

Abigail opened the dradrawerxt to her, holding it up, Bob took the utensil from her uncorking the first bottle of wine pouring them both a glass.

The two set everything onto her coffee table "We have too much food" Bob announced "I'm sure we'll make a dent" Abigail shrugged.

They were set up on the couch.

Abigail groaned when her phone rang halhalfwayrough an episode.

"It's Jake" she groaned "Hide"

"What why?" Bob asked "Because if Jake finds out you're here we'll both need to deal with a long speech about dating and integrity that I'd rather not deal with" s, he said simply.

Bob left down the hall.

"What do you want Jake?" She asked answering the face time.

"We've been abandoned!" A drunk fanboy called "I had work to catch up on idiots" she laughed.

"You know that's not what I heard" Pheonix appeared on the screen "I, think it's very coincidental that both you and Bob aren't here"

"Yes it is a concoincidence I work, I'm pretty sure Bob was just tired," Abigail told them.

"Sure, sure, you don't look to be working" Fanboy accused.

"Guys, leave the poor girl alone! She's trying to relax" Rooster called from off the phone screen parameters.

"Thank you, Bradley! Goodnight guys" she waved hanging up.

"Safe?" Bob asked appearing from out the hallway "Safe" she confirmed.

"It wasn't even Jake, the others must have stole his phone or something to call me"

Bob sat back down, Abigail moved closer throwing the blanket over him as well.

Abigail was the first of the two to fall asleep, slumped against his shoulder.

Bob turned the TV off trying to move as slow as possible to not wake her up.

A/N: I'll be honest I'm not a fan of this chapter but next week is the Christmas chapter so just consider this