Ch. 27: I Will Find You Again

"Maybe that's what love is

"Maybe that's what love is. Having someone who guides you through different experiences, coaxes you to try news things but still makes you feel safe."

Alaesys and Aemond walked into the hall, hand and hand, smiles on their faces where grimace was hours before. Rhaenerya seemed so relieved, she leaned back in her chair and whispered curses under her breath. It was as if they had not left the party. Otto and Alicent had taken over the center of the dance floor and Jacerys had picked up dancing with a young lady who had long blonde hair pulled into a tight bun and the prettiest green eyes Alaesys had seen. Aemond leaned down next to her ear and whispered to her.

"She is a nice match, would you not say?" Alaesys gave him a soft smile.

"She is. I want nothing for the best for my brothers." Speaking of brothers, Lucerys cut through the crowd as soon as he saw his sister. Alaesys smiled at her brother who held out his hand to her. Luke bowed to his sister and a thin layer of sweat was present on his forehead from nervousness.

"Can I have this dance, your highness?" Aemond's grip around her waist tightened. Ally put her hand on his chest and gave him a reassuring pat. She took Luke's hand and he fled with her to the floor. Lucerys was almost chest height to her and still had a good deal of growing to do. But even he had become older and just a bit more mature.

She had remembered teaching him to walk alongside Jace. The two older siblings would even hold competitions to see who Luke would to to first. Of course it was Ally who may or may not have bribed him with sweets beforehand.

Lucerys continuously stepped on his sisters dress trail but she only laughed off his embarrassed blush. The two spun hand and hand, sharing laughs and snide comments about one another's dancing.

"I watched you enter this world, I had no idea you had two left feet this whole time." Alaesys teased. Luke huffed and swung her arm around as best as he could. She tripped over her own two feet and nearly fell to the ground but there was Aemond, using his body to steady his wife. "Aemond."

"May I finally dance with my wife?" Lucerys seemed aggravated by the intrusion. Alaesys strokes his hair and kissed the top of his head, promising a later dance. Aemond gently held his wife's hand as if she was the most fragile glass known to mankind.

Lucerys slipped off and the crowd parted and Viserys stood up from his seat at the table. He held out his cup of wine before he spoke

"It seems the guests of the hour have decided to bless us with their presence." Alaesys shyly hid her face behind her hand but Aemond stood tall with a cat-like grin. Aemond look upon Alaesys and his heart fluttered. Her lip tint and her perfectly placed hair had began to fall throughout the night. Instead of being messy and looking too worn for wear, Aemond could only think about how much she looked like her younger self.

Viserys smiled upon the two, everyone in the kingdom could see how proud he was. Perhaps this was the path to uniting his family again after all of these years. "Drink! Eat! The night is young!" Alaesys chuckled at how joyous her grandfather sounded. Alaesys joined hands with Aemond and turned to look at him.