sweet treats (pt1) 💫

>Jungkook has a huge crush on a cafes baker and his friends finally convinced him to chat to the man one day. How will it go?<

"We need to go" Jungkook demanded to his best friends as they were walking home from college.
"Alright feisty bunny, but you're paying. We are spending our valuable time just so you can go see the man of your dreams, so you're paying" Jimin smirked.
"What that's not fair" Jungkook scoffed, kicking stones as he couldn't believe he was having to pay for their food...again.

"It is fair. We have to watch you drawl over a man you can only speak your order too" Jimin whined, even thought he acts like he hates the idea of going to the cafe, he actually loves it.
"If I were you I'd actually try and talk to him, try small talk Koom" Namjoon suggested.
"Fine fine, I'll try. He just doesn't seem to be the talkative type.

In no time they finally made it to the cafe which Jungkook was rambling on about for the whole journey, like everyday.

The cafe is called 'Vante's Cakes', it's a cafe which sells homemade sweet treats and drinks. Jungkook found it a month ago on a trip out, and has been going every day for the last 4 weeks. Other than yesterday as Jungkook wasn't feeling too well, and with disappointment he didn't go. But he loved going, this wasn't just because the food was delicious, delicious was an understatement really. But it was because of the baker of the cafe.

The baker was called Taehyung, he only found this out from the name badge which was always in the same place, and always dusted in flour. Jungkook got to know that Taehyung would only serve behind the counter towards the end of the shift when his coworker Jin was doing other jobs. However he spends most of his time in the kitchen.

They walked through the door with the tinkle of the bell altering them new customers had walked through the door.
"Ah boys it's so lovely to see you" Jin squealed coming over and giving them all a hug.
"Hi Jin, how are you?" Namjoon asked as they went to their usual table.
"So good, it's been nice and busy today, al always a good feeling. How are all you?"
"Good" they all smiled, other than one.

Jungkook noticed the baker was behind the counter, stocking up shelves with new treats. The man had a small man bun today, wearing a black chefs jacket and black joggers.

"Go say hi, he was worried you weren't going to come today" Jin smiled at the lost boy.
"W-what do you mean?" Jungkook's eyes widened at the comment.
"Hm Taehyung was muttering where the bunny boy was and his mood changed quite fast when he realised you weren't going to be coming. He hasn't been out of his grump since well now"
"O-oh I'm going to him, I'll get you all something random"

Jungkook quickly got out of his seat and rushed to the counter. Jungkook pressed the little bell which made Taehyung look up from the counter.
"H-hi" Jungkook squeaked out.
Taehyung smiled and walked over to him.
"What can I get you today?" Taehyung asked softly at the cute boy.
"One Oreo milkshake, one strawberry milkshake and a banana milkshake please. Then what's the special today?" Jungkook nervously asked looking at his fingers briefly.

"Hm I made a apple and cinnamon cupcake, with sweet cinnamon cream. No one has tried them yet as I've only just made them"
"I'll take one please"
"Is that everything?"
"Yeah thank you" Jungkook said looking at his group of friends who were encouraging him to talk more.

Jungkook paid for it all and Taehyung got to work preparing his order.
"S-so how are you today?" Jungkook asked shyly.
Taehyung stopped and looked up. He paused before answering.
"W-who me?" Taehyung questioned pointing to himself.
Jungkook nodded, not trusting the words to come out of his mouth.
"Cute, I'm good thanks"

Jungkook was the one who paused.
"Cute?" Jungkook furiously blushed.
"So cute" Taehyung chuckled. "So tell me what's your name?"
"Jungkook" Jungkook smiled.
"Sweet name. So Jungkook what brings you here so regularly? Is it the cooking, or is it something else? Because not to assume or anything you spend over an hour here each day but eat and drink your order in 5 minutes, and ignore your friends for the rest" Taehyung smirked as he finished making the drinks placing them on the tray.

"I-I...I uhm" Jungkook was a new shade of red, he couldn't believe what was happening, has he been caught?
"Ithinkyourereallyhandsomeandilikeyou"
Jungkook blurted out covering his mouth with his hand straight away in shock.
"What was that cutie? Did you just confess that you think I'm handsome" Taehyung teased, his heart combusting on the inside.

"I'm going now bye" Jungkook grabbed the tray and ran over to the table fanning his face to get rid of the embarrassment.
Taehyung chuckled at the boy's behaviour and walked into the kitchen with a bright smile on his face. Taehyung found the boy so cute. He had, had his eye on him since the first day the raven haired boy came into the cafe. Taehyung loved the way his cheeks grew a dusty pink when he grew nervous and scrunched his nose when he smiled. He was so cute, Taehyung wanted to protect him at all cost.

Just before the group left, Taehyung decided that he would also go out of his comfort zone. Now that he was certain the boy had an interest in him, he decided to do something about it. He grabbed a takeaway box, and put a chocolate chip cupcake in there which was decorated in little bunnies and also a white chocolate and honeycomb cookie. Not only them treats he wrote inside the box his number, and asking if he wanted to go on a date with him.

Taehyung walked to the table seeing Jungkook was left there alone as the others had gone to the toilet.
"Hey, I wanted to give you this. Reply to me with your answer" Taehyung smiled giving him the box with a wink and walked away.

Jungkook frowned in confusion and opened the box quickly to see the food and most specifically the question and number. Jungkook's smile hit the edges of his face, he didn't even wait till he was home to answer. He typed in the number and sent a quick 'yes absolutely ❤️' to Taehyung.
Which made them both feel warm and cozy inside.