Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen - Husband

"How is he Mellos " Alaea asks the grand maester as she sits down near the huge sculpture of old Valyria in her husbands chambers.

"There has been some good days your grace, but mostly bad" Mellos answered "We have kept everyone away from him, but he asks for you and sometimes Princess Rhaenyra"

"How long"

"How long what your grace"

"How long does the k- my husband have left"

"We cannot say for sure but in his condition not long"

"What must I do to have my husband get better" Alaea asks.

"There is no way, this disease has been going on longer then the two of you have been married"

"I do not get why a king must sit on A seat of Iron" Alaea snaps "A letter must be sent to the Princess"

"Your grace I will say you might want to speak to the king it may help"

"Help what Mellos, I have been married to him for twenty three and never did I think this would happen" Alaea states "I am thirty two years old and about to loose my husband so tell my how does talking help"

"It can be a distraction for the pain"

"Then I shall talk to him, you can go now"

"Of course your grace" Mellos spoke ad he walked of.

Alaea let out anofher sigh as she stayed seated down next to the sculpture of old Valyria. She remembered when her and Alicent first went to see him she had no idea what her father had planned for them both. And now Twenty year later she was still trapped but she didn't want it to end. If Viserys died what was her place. Rhaenyra would return to court and Surely the promise they made to eachother on driftmark did not matter anymore why would it.

Alaea got up as she walked to where Viserys bed was and looked at him. Half of his face was wrapped up in bandages. She sat down on his bed as she heard him speak.

"Is that you Alaea" He slowly spoke.

"It is me Husband" Alaea whispered back.

"Is Rhaenyra here"

"She is not, Rhaenyra has been at Dragonstone for seven years"

"Time flys by fast"

"Viserys they say you do not have munch longer, tell me there is a way I can help you"