Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - The Family dinner

Rhaenyra walked aside her uncle as they made there way to the dining room "She was going to say yes Daemon"

"And I dont doubt it, but That son of hers I dont trust him, I dont trust the lot of them" Daemon admits "Every single one of them are Hightowers"

"Alaeas daughter does not take after any Hightower or Targaryen she's the spitting image of Alaea just with the blonde hair"

"Rhaenyra, Alaea is still young if she chooses to start over how do you know she shall keep her promise"

"Daemon I have Loved her far too long to even think of allowing her to leave me"

"We are here" Daemon says as he looks at the Table Alaea was not sat near where Viserys would be seated, Instead Alicent sat there whilst Alaea was seated beside her father and daughter. With Aneys next to his wife.

Daemon and Rhaenyra took a seat as Rhaenyra gave a small smile to Alaea. Soon after Viserys was carried in and seated

"How good it is to see you all tonight together" Viserys smiles.

"Prayer before we begin" Alicent asks.

"Of course Sister" Alaea answers

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest"

Aneys let out a small laugh as Alienor sent him a glare. a.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke are to wed their cousins Baela and Rhaena,further strengthening the bond between our houses" Viserys states "A toast to the young Princes. and My young nieces"

"May I toast to Her grace The Queen and her sister" Rhaenyra stands up "Alicent has stuck by the side of dear Alaea as she stuck with my father and for that a toast to Alicent and Alaea"

Alaea smiles softly as she takes a sip of her drink and Alienor smirks as she sees her grandfather face.

"Wife what's with the smirk" Aneys asked trying to keep his voice down so his mother would not hear him.

"Nothing dear husband am just happy that mother shall have the life she deserves soon" She replies back.

"When our father dies I shall make sure both you and mother are safe"

"I know that,but you can be irrational sometimes Aneys and that upsets her"

"Alienor Aneys" Alaea warns the two "I can hear every word you both say my sweet children and I am thankful for both of you"

"We just want the best for you and our son" Aneys told as his father began to speal

"I wish you to see me as I am. Not just a king. but your father. Your brother. Your husband, uncle and your grand sire" Viserys smiles "Who may not, it seems walk for much longer among you"

Viserys breathing becomes heavy as he Takes his mask off. Alaea looks away from husband as the sight in front of her broke her "Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly"

Viserys sits back down as everyone's attention goes to Aemond and Jace.

"For god sake you would think They wouldn't do this here" Alienor whined to her mother.

Jace stands up at the same time as Aemond does as they glare at one another and Aemond takes a seat.

"To Aegon,Aemond Aneys and my dear beautiful Aunts" Jace scoffed "We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles and Dear Helaena and Aleinor I wish you both the best

"Beware the beast beneath the boards" Helaena mumbles "And beware those who will betray her"

"Well done, my boy" Visery Praises Jace.

"I would like to toast to Baela, Rhaena. you will both be married soon. It isn't so bad. Mostly he just ignores you except sometimes when he's drunk" Helaena laughs "But you might be lucky as Aelinor her husband is nice and kind"

Soon After Jace was dancing with Helaena as Alaea was in a chat with her father "Father maybe we could stop giving him the milk of the poppy"

"Daughter you know how much pain he gets in" Otto spoke "It would not be the right choice"

"He is my husband I wont watch you or Alicents poison him further" Alaea mutters as she watches her husband be take of.

"Alaea" Otto warns as she stands up.

"I have enjoyed our night family,but I must attend to my husband" Alaea speaks as she follows The knights and Viserys.

************************************

"Husband are you awake" Alaea asks as she approaches her husband's bed.

"Indeed I am" Viserys speaks slowly "Has Rh-Rhaenyra left"

"No no shes at dinner with the rest of her family" Alaea answers as she takes a seat on the bed "Viserys am sorry,you would not be like this if i was a better wife"

"you wanted to know... if I believe it to be true"

"Believe what to be true"

"Don't you remember,Aneys our son?,His Dream"

"The Song of Ice and Fire"

" It is true. What he saw in the North. The Prince That Was Promised"

"Viserys I don't understand, Viserys" Alaea sighs.

"The Prince. Prince Aegon and Aneys. To unite the realm against the cold... and the dark. It is you. You are the one. You must do this,You must do this"

"sister leave him be" Alaea heard her sisters voice as she turned around to see her "Go rest please"

"I should stay at his side"

"Sister rest"

"Am going to come back later though"

"That is fine" Alicent speaks as she watches her sister leave the chambers.

As Alaea walks to her chambers she sees Rhaenyra waiting for her " Nyra I thought you left"

"I am to leave soon, I wanted to say goodbye I don't know when I will see you again" Rhaenyra admits as she walks closer to her "And I wanted to do this"

Rhaenyra places her lips against Alaea and kisses her ever so slightly before pulling away.

"I love you Rhaenyra"

"And I you, I must be off but i shall send a raven"

"Goodbye Rhaenyra" Alaea whispers as she enters her chambers.

************************************

"Mother" Alienor whispers as she looks around her mother's chambers and Alaea is sat awake reading "Mother"

"Alienor" Alaea mutters as she places her book down "Why are you not asleep"

"I-"

"My child"

"The king is dead" Alienor speaks fastly as she watches her mother break into sobs "Mother they are to name him king"

"Name who" Alaea asks as she holds her sobs back.

"Aneys,Alicent and Otto have made preparations"

"Why has no one come and told me this Rhaenyra is to"

"Mother it is too late, we must leave"

"He would never do this" Alaea snaps as she stands up.

"Mother I have a dragon and We must leave, I don't want to be Queen and I won't stay here even if it means I must leave my son"

"Where would we go We can't leave"

"Dragonstone"