Chapter 12

*I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY ALL BELONG TO OUR QUEEN CORA REILLY*

Song Rec: Prisoner by Raphael Lake 🔥

Aurora

He was gone when I returned, along with the mug I'd thrown at him. I guess it only took two weeks for him to get the hint that I wanted him gone. Far far away from my life. My friend Julian's couch had become my temporary home while I sobbed and cried over him like an idiot. Joules had been a god as I scattered tear soaked napkins everywhere. I'd named him Joules on my second day of med school because 'Julian' kept reminding me of King Julian. He'd thought me relating him to a lemur was hilarious and since then, we were best friends. He was a clean freak, but he'd been nothing but a calm mother-hen to me. I was a teary mess in class and at the hospital. For a whole day and half, I'd cried until I realized what I had done and was disgusted by myself. I'd returned to my apartment tell Nevio to fuck off, but luckily he'd left it blissfully empty. I could cry in peace now. It wasn't until I saw my bed that the exhaustion of the weeks hit me and I was out the second I laid down.

There was a pounding, not in my head, but outside. Someone was at the door, strange because it was just past two thirty. Curiosity drew me to it. It was Nevio. The spy-hole gave his head a weird shape, but I knew it was him. I opened the door to tell him to leave, but he simply barged in and fell to his knees. I could smell the alcohol on him. He put his arms around my waist and buried his face in my sternum.

"You know what I just did, Scuderi? I bought a villa in Tahiti. It's a beach-front with its own indoor infinity pool and library because it rains there a lot" he slurred as he nuzzled my stomach.

"Let me guess, it's for your new bestie Elena?" I asked bitterly. I wanted to punch him for barging in, but he continued:

"What? No! It's for us!" his eyes became lively and he shot to his feet and grabbed my arm as I stumbled to his lap on the couch. I tried to resist him, but he held me tight. "It's for us when we fake our deaths. Come on Scuderi. Let's leave all this bullshit behind and run. We'll be free!" he said with an unnecessary flourish and I used the opportunity to get free of his grip. Just as I was about to leave him to pass out, he said the cursed three words, "I love you Aurora." They had me frozen in place. His grin transformed to a look of agony. "I know I fucked us over, but I...I love you. I have, since that day we broke into your ex's garage and spray painted his car. It was so fucking funny, but let's be real that motherfucker deserved it. Let's run away from this mess. I promise I'll fix everything. Alessio will be capo and Massimo can be Consigliere. It won't be our problem anymore if we leave. Just come with me" he said, his voice breaking as he spoke. Seeing him broke my heart all over again, because he'd confessed what I hadn't. He loved me, and even as my heart burst with joy, it broke with the reality of our world.

"Ok" I murmured and grabbed his arm. "Come on, let's go to bed." I led him to my room and pulled his jacket and shoes off, along with his shirt and pants. He made himself comfortable on my bed, as if this was just another night of his partying and me dragging him to bed. "You know what we should do once we leave? We should change our names and get married so that no one will be able to find us."

"Only if you go to bed now" I said to him and he finally fell asleep. I curled up next to him, but sleep never found me.

Nothing calmed the chatter in my mind, until the night became dawn, and the morning sunlight turned him into an angel. I could see why Remo called Serafina an angel, because Nevio had most certainly inherited her beauty. The small scars on his body were trophies of his victories, but the two large ones, the bullet wound on his shoulder and the long cut on his abs were terrifying reminders of his survival, of the pain he'd survived. Seeing him sleep, I could see why he'd taken pictures of me sleeping all those years ago. There was a certain peace to seeing him safe and sound in my bed. Knowing that he was here was good enough for now, but I wanted a piece of him forever. Suddenly my eyes fell on my phone and I had an idea. He was leaving me, but I could still have a part of him forever. I took a picture of him, the sunlight beautifully framed his face, and another where his hair fell on his face adorably. He shifted onto his back and as the sheet slipped dangerously low, I was caught off guard with the strange wave of lust that hit me. I wanted him. As if he was unconsciously reciprocating my mood, his morning wood poked up with the sheet. So I pulled it away and decided to act on it . You only live once. I drew him into my mouth, the way I knew would drive him wild. Drops of pre-cum coated his cock, and a deep groan escaped him. Oh my god. He was waking up. What the fuck was I doing? Just as I was about to move away, his hand clamped down on my ass and held me in place.

"Finish what you started, Scuderi" he said in a groggy, low voice and clapped my ass. Perfect for me. As I drew him in again, he got up on his elbows and pulled my shorts down and caressed my ass. A shiver traveled up my spine and I sucked him harder. I had to make sure that I was the one in control here. He let out a moan and pulled my panties aside. His fingers feather light on my pussy, made me want to demand pleasure from him, but I wouldn't. As if realizing this, he gave my pussy a long lick. It was gentle, exploratory. He was gauging my reaction, and when I didn't give him any, Nevio feasted. He pulled me over him so that I was straddling him, and as I tried to pull away, he held me in a bruising grip and clamped his lips on my clit. He sucked, hard. The moan slipped out of me before I realized, and he pulled away and maneuvered us, until I was on my hands and knees in front of him. He pulled off my shirt. By the time the shock of our transition hit me, he pushed a finger into me and returned to my clit. He pumped another finger into me, and it was so good, I complied. Just as I was close, he pulled away, as usual. Tormenting me like that had become his favorite activity in the bedroom, but he was kind this time. He rubbed the head of his cock against my lips and pushed in with the most painstakingly slow rhythm, and stopped. I tried to move my hips for some friction, but he held me in place. His hand clamped around my throat and he pulled me back up to his chest. In the mirror across my room, our reflections were like another couple watching us. It was fantastic and my nipples hardened in anticipation. His eyes were drawn to them, and his other hand came up to pinch and caress them. My hips rolled trying to find some relief, but it wasn't enough. He chuckled in my ear and he murmured, "You like watching us fuck, don't you Rory?" Rory. He hadn't called me that in forever. His hand traveled down my stomach to my pussy and he lightly circled my clit and drew another moan from me. I was oversensitive in anticipation. He cupped my pussy and in the mirror, as he looked at me he said, "This belongs to me" and he finally drew his hips back and thrust. I could have cried from the relief.

He released me and I face planted on the bed as he long-dicked me into oblivion. It was perfect. But there was definitely more, and he wasn't giving it to me. So I said his magic words, "Is that all you can do, Nevio?" His face transformed into indignation, and then his manic grin.

Nevio

She knew exactly what she was doing when she asked me the fucking question. "Is that all you can do?" Normally, it made me want to show her what else I could do, and as that feeling overcame me again, I realized the kind of control she had over me. She could ask me to jump in front of a train for her and I would. The realization made me angry in a very familiar way, because I was ready to give everything up for her. For a woman. The anger was a different pain, one I couldn't act on. I wanted to hurt her for making me feel this way, and at that moment I hated her. For making me feel that, for giving me the vision of everything we could have, that we wouldn't.

I stopped thrusting into her and flipped her on her back, so that we were close, intimate even. Her eyes were confused because this wasn't a usual reaction to her question. I pushed into her again, and this time I just ground against her, until moans were back. My fingers traced her cheeks, as if trying to memorize her beauty. But then my anger returned and I gripped her neck and thrust into her with a fast, brisk pace. As she moaned and gasped in pleasure, she looked at me, deep into my eyes, and I couldn't look away. I moved harder and her moans turned louder and louder. I'd once told Greta I'd kill the girl who made me consider leaving the Camorra. It was ironic that I love Aurora enough to actually do so. Dark spots danced before my eyes and my fingers pressed down on her neck. I was so close I felt like I'd explode. Her eyes rolled back and her pussy clamped down on me as she came with a scream. I kept thrusting through her orgasm, chasing my own until I finally exploded. I pulled out just in time and came all over her stomach, harder than I had ever, and it was ecstasy. I pulled her to me and kissed her. I used her gasp to plunge my tongue into her mouth, and for once we weren't grappling for dominance. I don't know if it was the imbalance of endorphins or the pleasure, but as she pulled away, a tear slipped out of my eye. I looked at Aurora and her eyes were gleaming with tears as well. Before they could fall, she quickly pulled away and grabbed my pack of cigarettes from her nightstand. She pushed one between her lips and struggled with the lighter. Her hands were shaking so badly that she couldn't get the lighter to work. I grabbed it from her hands and lit her cigarette for her. She took a deep drag and when she exhaled, the tear finally fell from her eyes too. I took the cigarette from her and we smoked it in silence, as random tears fell, both of us too proud to admit we were crying, grieving the end of us.

A/N: When I tell ya'll I have been waiting to write this chapter...😶‍🌫️