14

JIMIN POV

It takes a couple phone calls to find an electrician who will come out first thing in the morning.

When I finally find someone, he's from a completely different company than the one who
came out last time.

I'm really hoping this guy finds something that the last one missed.

I definitely don't want another repeat of last night.

As the electrician goes about his inspection, Jungkook busies himself in the kitchen.

He's thrown himself into cleaning up the mess I made after my mother's impromptu arrival.

I really shouldn't have taken
it out on him.

He didn't deserve to come home and find me in that state.

The fact is, I was just trying to escape.

I'd hoped that a couple beers and some comfort food would lessen the effect that my mother's visit had on me.

Unfortunately, the moment she knocked on my door was like a weapon of mass destruction going off in my front yard.

Even trying to talk about it makes my blood boil and my throat tighten.

I have no idea how I'm going to have that conversation with Jungkook without devolving into a quivering mass of raw emotion.

I approach the kitchen tentatively and clear my throat as I stand in the doorway.

Jungkook glances over his shoulder at me as he continues to wash dishes in the sink.

He doesn't say a word but
nods to the clean dishes in the drying rack.

We didn't do much talking after going to the hotel last night.

Jungkook allowed me to stew in silence, merely curling himself around me like a security blanket.

I was grateful for his comforting presence and glad I didn't have to process all my thoughts completely alone.

Despite his willingness to offer me support, it's obvious he's still a bit hurt by the fact that I haven't told him what was bothering me.

I take a deep breath as I grab a clean towel and begin drying the dishes after he washes them.

"I owe you an apology." I say
at last.

"You deserve better than
what you got when you came home last night."

"No, I don't."

Jungkook switches off the faucet and turns to face me fully.

"You're human, You're allowed
to have bad days."

"You're allowed to go through shitty situations and feel so awful about everything that all you want to do is eat junk food
and pass out on the couch."

"That's fine, You're also allowed to want time to yourself."

"I know you're not a social butterfly."

"I know you value your
solitude."

"Maybe I should've backed down last night, Maybe I shouldn't have pushed so much when you were clearly feeling like shit."

"I just...I want us to be honest with each other about what
we're going through."

"If you had just told me you'd had a bad day and you needed some time to decompress
instead of becoming sarcastic and combative, I don't think I
would have had a problem
with anything."