18

JIMIN POV

I can't wipe this stupid grin off my face as I'm brushing my teeth in the upstairs bathroom.

Tonight, we're going about our nightly routine as if nothing happened.

I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that we can
just pick up where we left off.

There's a deep satisfaction in
my chest knowing that we're going to be okay.

Of course, I've saddled myself with a ton of extra work but it's going to be worth it if I can give my omega a home where he feels safe and secure.

I got way more replies to my
ads and inquiries than I was expecting.

It's going to take me a little while to go through them all but if everything goes according to plan, I'll be booked out through the end of the year.

There won't be a lot of down time but with all the down payments I'm bringing in, I'm hoping to schedule the rewiring project in the next month or two.

Right now, I'm more focused
on spending a quiet evening
at home with my omega.

He's downstairs right now, making himself a cup of hot cocoa.

He enjoys drinking it right before bed and claims it helps him sleep better, I think he's just addicted to the taste of chocolate and I tease him about it constantly.

But that's all just part of the routine we've fallen into.

It works for us and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

I duck my head to rinse out
my mouth.

"Jimin! Alpha, come down here quick!"

Jungkook's shouts send my instincts into overdrive.

There's fear in his voice.

I've never heard him yell like that before and a dozen different scenarios flash through my head as I dart out into the hallway.

I nearly trip as I fly down the stairs but I manage to keep
my balance.

As I slide to a stop in the living room, I see Jungkook standing in front of my work area, staring that the computer screens.

"What's going on?"

I ask him, panting for breath as my heart hammers in my chest uncontrollably.

I glance at the computer screens and immediately see what the trouble is.

The readouts have all been replaced with a string of numbers, this time different
than before.

7135, 7135, 7135, 7135.

"I was getting ready to head upstairs, The screens were all normal and then it just suddenly started doing this..."

He grabs my hand and looks up at me with worry on his face.

"I don't know what I did."

"I'm sorry. I didn't touch anything, I swear."

"Hey, hey, don't worry."

I gently pull him into my arms.

"They've been doing this on and off since I moved in. I think it's some sort of error code but it's not one I've ever seen before."

I've spent countless hours over the last several weeks trying to figure out what caused the previous incidents but nothing ever came of it.

"It may have something to do with the wiring, Maybe they're not getting enough power or something like that and it's causing the machines to
throw errors like this."