08

For three days Nunew did not see Zee. Nat said that the police officer goes home around midnight and went out at dawn. Nunew try to stay awake and wait for him but to his dismay, the young male always find himself fast asleep till the sunrise.

Nunew even thought that Zee try to avoid him or something but Nat reassures him that is not the case. Zee for real is a lot busier this pass few day. He barely get enough rest and only eat if he have the time to. Nunew doesn't like the idea of seeing him working his ass off like that without taking care of his body—it's clear that Zee is overworked. But that is his line of work as an officer and Nunew got no say in it.

"Nunew, would you like to join me for groceries shopping?" James call out.

"I'll pass—got things to do" Nunew declined James's offer. He still got flashbacks of the traumatic event, the stalking got him real good that he is now scared to go out even for a short time. Afraid of the stalker getting back at him. He does not feel safe outside. That is the matter of fact he have to accept now.

"Alright I'll leave you to take care of this house while I go out" James wave his hand and close the front door shut. Nunew stand there facing the closed door, absentmindedly staring at nothing. He walk back to his and Zee's share room intended to take a short nap.

While Nunew patted the soft pillow, he did not hear someone unlocking the door to the room till Zee clear his throat—announcing his presence behind the young male.

"Oh lord you scared me!" Nunew get frightened and try his best to calm his heartbeat down. Zee stand there like a statue, unsure what to do. The older haven't seen Nunew in three days after the incident. Of course he went home from time to time but each night, the younger already fast asleep on his bed.

Seeing him like this sure bring unwanted memories. Zee caught away the awkward feeling, face beet red in embarrassment. Nunew giggles with the older's odd behaviour finding it funny.

"So how are you doing?" Zee started a conversation between them. Nunew tilt his head to the side while the answer "Great?"

"Did Nat tell you?"

"Yeah—and James too. They explained a lot to me thankfully. Please do not worry about me knowing this secret about you guys. I'm totally fine with this new discovery and I'll make sure not to say anything to anyone else. I can promise you that"

"Thank you—and I am so sorry for biting you Nunew. I did not meant to do that, me being out of control is a first and I'm ashamed of myself for it"

"Hey no worries for real Zee. I already forget about that and maybe you should too"

"Alright, thank you once again naa Nunew for being accepting"

"You help me so I should repay your kindness back shouldn't I?" Nunew smile sweetly to the officer. He can see the eye-bag when he stare far too long at the older's handsome face.

"You must've been tired right?" He suddenly chimed in–remembering why Zee is back so early today. Not like usual.

"Huh?"

"Working nonstop like that. Come here—lay down" Nunew pat the area beside him on the bed expecting Zee to lay there. The older take the invitation and ignore his desires for the younger's blood. He need to sleep for now.

Nunew stare as the officer close his eyes shut and fall  asleep immediately. He enjoy how content Zee is while he sleep away the tiredness. Nunew move his body closer as he watch the older's feature from near. Zee have a long beautiful lashes—naturally curl to perfection. The sharp jawline is a killer and not to forget the perfect nose. His lips so thin but definitely kissable. Everything about him scream Nunew's type.

###

"How long have I been sleeping?" Zee ask to the younger male on his left side of the bed. Nunew look up from his mobile phone and answer him "Four hours"

Zee blink his haziness away, pushing his body away from the comfy bed to feed himself some blood in the basement. Usually he would feed around midnight but since he skipped his routine yesterday, Zee needed to get the blood running through his system before he could work like normally again.

"Where are you going?" Nunew follow after the older but Zee stop his move when he's around the corner.

"Stay in the room—I'll be somewhere. Need to feed" Zee turn his body around and continued his walk. Rather than going back to their room, Nunew persistently run after Zee downstairs.

"Bring me with you" Nunew use his puppy eyes on the older. Hoping it would work but Zee stare at him with disapproving look. "Go back to your room, Nunew"

"It's not my room to be exact but no. I don't want to" Nunew stay glued to his feet, getting difficult with Zee. The latter tried his best in pushing him up the stair. Zee sigh out loud holding his head.

"Can you not being so stubborn?" Zee is damn hungry he could eat a whole family and Nunew acting like this only making him angrier.

"I just want to see—" Nunew jutting out his lower lips, eyes looking down to the marble floor.

"What is there to see?" Zee couldn't understand Nunew's curiosity. What is there to look at when a vampire is sucking on a blood packet. Nothing interesting about that view.

"I want to see you feed" His voice is a few octave higher. Zee hold his breath in thoughts. Should he? Let him see, but what if Nunew freak out afterwards? Zee would not be able to handle the horror in the younger's eyes while it is directed towards him. Zee does not want to feel like a dangerous creature by Nunew. He is working his brain to determine whether it's okay or not and at the end, Nunew win.

The younger strut behind him as he lead them both to the dark basement. To where they stock their real food.