10

"New?" Zee watched as the younger's body sway to his left before falling to the bed with a thump. Isn't it funny just minutes ago both are so lost in their lust to think clearly about what they did had crossed the line. Now Zee is in an awkward situation while Nunew is fast asleep.

"Oh god what have I done" Zee face palm. This is not how he imagined his day off would be like. Getting blowed by one of his responsibilities. Talking about professionalism.

He pull himself out of the headspace and escape to the bathroom to clean himself. Once he's done freshening up, he went out to check on Nunew. The young male is still fast asleep which is very fascinating for the officer. How come the smaller look so relaxed in his dreamland. He wonder if this would be a normal occurrence from now on.

'But he'll move out once his report is settled and the stalker got into jail' Zee remind himself that Nunew is not here to stay forever and he can't have himself catching feelings for the human male. Things have gotten out of control and he can't risk anymore. He should stop before it's escalate.

He turn his gaze once again towards Nunew. Zee are not sure why his body and mind always find a reason to be near the younger. What so special about him? Zee can't find the answer to that.

He sigh for the second time now—remembering once again about the basement condition when they both last leave it. He have ton of work to clean all the pungent blood that were probably dried up. It gonna be a pain in the ass to clean that shit and to say he's all alone. Zee lift his body and walk out pf the room, leaving the door unlocked so he could hear if Nunew make any uncomfortable noise upstairs while he clean downstairs.

Opening the door to the basement, he nearly gag once the smell of blood hit his nose. Well how odd, usually he would go berserk from just a whiff of it. His mind must be haywire because of the lack of blood in his system for the pass few days. Zee decided to ignore it for now and continued his task in hand.

"We're home!" Nat run on his step but got stop halfway by Zee. A finger touching his lips in a silence gesture. "Huh?" Nat tilt his head not understanding.

"Nunew is asleep, don't be too loud" Zee sigh.

"Uh okay" Nat agree quickly and went to the kitchen to arrange the food stock him and Max bought from the store.

"Zee? Why do I smell blood from up here?" Max come in sniffing the area.

"That—I accidentally drop one of the blood pack and it splash on the floor" Zee lied to him.

"You and your clumsiness" Max lay his tired body on the couch while watching Nat happily arranging at the kitchen counter.

"Did you find anything unusual?" Zee decided to join him on the couch.

"Not really, nothing but why do you ask?" Max look at him suspiciously.

"Nah don't give me that look" Zee hit the back of Max's head. Rolling his eyes when the tall vampire whine in pain.

"Enough both of you" Nat stand in front of them with his hand on his waist, eyes judging both for their childish behaviour.

"Listen to your fiancé" Zee stick out his tongue, mocking Max. The taller grumble but obeyed anyway.

"Now-now help me cook dinner will ya" Nat clap his hand while both of the taller male resign in their fate.

***

"Nu—Nunew" He heard someone call his name but he cannot pinpoint from which side it is. Everything is dark, no lights, nothing. Nunew turn in a circle, try to find his way out of this maze.