thirteen

“WHAT ARE YOU TO HIM?”chapter 13

chapter 13

      SAE-RI AND MU DEOK strolled through Danhyanggok quietly, "Ne..Do you perhaps like Seo Yul?" Sae-ri asked, curiously gazing at Danggu and Wook who fought over a piece of chicken. "Where did you get that idea, Aga-ssi?" Mu-deok asked in shock, "Don't think i don't know you, Naksu." Mu-deok gulped, hearing the venom that tinted her tone of voice, she was nervous,  after all, she didn't have her powers yet.

"I don't care if you are Naksu, or whatever your intentions with Yul are. But I won't hesitate to expose you to Park Jin if ever Jang Wook gets hurt once again because of you solely." Sae-ri threatened, "Although Yul made a mistake to me i can never forget, Wook and Danggu, and Cho-yeon, they are all i have. Especially Seon-u."

"What are you to...Young Master Jang?" the maid asked unsurely.

"I.."

TIMELINE: Sae-ri:15, Uk:15
FINALLY REVEALING THE PAST

   SAE-RI AND JANG WOOK/UK are basically two peas in a pod. Sae-ri knew hold it felt like, being treated as an outcast, a fragile piece of porcelain, needed to be ‘protected’ as it was weak and unruly. Uk and her courted, for some time actually, even so he was engaged to Cho-yeon, they never stopped. They did grow distant as she fell slowly for Seo Yul instead.

"I'll do much better than Yul, you know." Uk stated, desperation in his tone, but he tried hiding it with a serious tone. Sae-ri chuckled sadly, "Maybe. But i like him. Love him." Uk let out a shaky breath in acceptance,
"He doesn't deserve you."

"Maybe. But that doesn't stop me." Sae-ri claimed, fiddling with a little ring Uk got her. A silver ring with a sapphire embedded on it. The ring possessed controlled energy, it would alert their lover incase the one who owned it was in danger.

"Don't take that off." Uk demanded, stopping her fiddly hands. "Uk.." Jang Uk shuddered at her teary eyes, "Just. Don't. It'll be useful in the future. It's connected to me, and..im close to strong people. It can keep you safe."

Sae-ri whimpered, "Im so sorry. I know this is all sudden..i should've told you sooner." She sobbed clutching on his sleeves. "Dont cry. Idiot. I'll cry too." and they both sobbed together.

Reminiscing the things they would be losing.

'This hurts more than expected...' Sae-ri thought in sadness.

LOCATION: Kim fortress, Jang Uk has left for Danhyanggok (claimed to be sari village) with Mu-deok, his maid.

   YUL STARED BLANKLY at Sae-ri's back, who was sobbing, clutching Jang Uk’s cloak in fear. She feared for her other love's life. She feared he would be gone. She feared it was too late. "Are you dumping me?" Yul asked suddenly, the girl turned around frantically, wiping her tears. "What? No—No, im not, really, im not. Im sorry, i know i promised a date. Im just scared for Uk."  Yul scoffed at her answer, laughing right after.

"I figured. I met her again." Sae-ri's heart stopped for a moment, and a forced grin entered her face.

"Turns out she's..Mu-deok after all." Sae-ri's smile faded, "Oh-really? W-Wow i mean, i didn't think you would find her that fast." she breathed out. "I know." Yul smiled fondly, "I found her while waiting for you, you didn't come, i felt bad she stayed with me, so i took her out a bit. I liked it when i saw her happy, she seemed to like the flowers i got her." Sae-ri felt as though  her heart cracked.

Yul swore he heard a shatter.

"Flowers..?" she croaked out, Yul never gave her flowers. (If it was ever mentioned in the fanfiction, i apologize, but he hasn't given her flowers. She loves flowers.) Sae-ri LOVES flowers, she didn't mind not getting fancy dressed or jewelry, but flowers were her game. And Yul claimed he was kind of allergic, but he risked it, for Naksu?

"You never give me flowers." Sae-ri laughed, attempting to hide her pain.

"Really? I figured you wouldn't need any from me, since Jang Uk always gets you some everyday." Yul asked in confusion, "You say you're allergic to flowers. Why would you risk your health for Mu-deok?" Sae-ri asked sternly. Yul sighed deeply.

Anger, frustration, hidden feelings, all were buried within both of them. Yul, all along, well...he imagined Naksu all throughout their journey as a future married couple, he imagined she was Naksu.

"Everything was a lie, wasn't it?"

"Yes." Yul admitted. Sae-ri nodded in acceptance, she accepted it. She knew all along. She didn't care anymore, what was important was that she now knew.

She didn't have to cry that hard.

"I called off our engagement. Im sorry." Yul stated, "I didn't want people to get disappointed if we announced the cancelation after our engagement party." he added, fiddling with his sleeves, the bird whistle hanging loosely from his pocket. "It's..Alright. I wanna rest now. Let's forget about whatever we were." Yul sucked in a breath.

"Okay?" She questioned.

"Okay."

AUTHORS NOTE:
THE TEA IS SPILLEDDDDD, so yeah, they're done, not actually like not really done. just kinda. done?? there's a sequel to this after im DONE woth s1. Just waiting for AOS2 to finish