Chapter 70

"It doesn't matter to us whether we care whether you can share enough or not. Our land was bought with money, and you have no right to take it away."

Mr. Wang was the first to refute Li Yu's remarks. How can not let him succeed.

"So you don't support the division of the land, so there is really no room for negotiation?" Li Yu asked with a sigh.

The few people were silent, and it was obvious that they had made up their minds.

"Even if the government pays for compensation and supplies?" Li Yu looked around and said lightly.

Mr. Qian snorted coldly, and the faces of several people showed disdain, jokes, are they people who are short of money?

"Lord Li, we can understand your desire to do practical things for the common people, but you also have to understand our difficulties. It's not that we don't support your decree, but that no one would agree to it. If your lord wants to go your own way, We can only seek justice with a weak body." Zhao Wenming stroked his beard, not to mention the perverted smile.

Mr. Wang went on to say: "That's right, think about it, my lord. After studying hard for ten years, since you have become an official, you should cherish it. You must know that your seventh grade is just the last, so I don't believe it." There is no place where justice can be declared in the huge Suzhou Prefecture."

"Oh! You seem to be threatening me by what you said?" Li Yu asked casually and belatedly.

A few people have a mouthful of old blood in their hearts, this is a clear threat to you, isn't it like, fall!

"Okay, I understand what you mean. You just want to keep these lands. By the way, how much grain can you produce in a year, and how much money can you convert into money?" Li Yu was a little curious.

Several people looked at each other, what happened to this man? Suddenly asking such nonsense, why does it sound a bit wrong? Does he mean to give up? But what is the use of asking these?

Zhao Wenming's face twitched, "I don't know what the adults mean by asking this?"

Li Yu smiled and waved his hands, as if the tense situation just now had never happened, "I'm curious, just gossiping."

The atmosphere in the hall eased a little After that, everyone's hearts were brought back to their original places, and they all had leisure time to drink tea. Qian Shang took a sip of tea before shaking his head, and then said: " Nowadays

, there are more and more tax items in the imperial court, and this little land can barely support a large family."

Leaving taxation aside, even those bandits extorted a lot of our property, and we merchants look beautiful on the surface, but in fact they are not as good as most ordinary people." Several people began to complain, and they almost lost their hearts in sincerity. Drop a few crocodile tears.

Li Yu had a look of sympathy on his face, and sighed: "Yes, I also know your situation. If you are like this, how can the people who have been encroached on their fields be so difficult? Bandits are increasing year by year, and they are helpless people. The people who survive want to earn a living."

Zhao Wenming and the others changed their faces slightly when they heard the words, and Li Yu continued: "You have suffered from bandits, and I also express my deep sympathy. To eradicate banditry, however, Juping County does not have enough manpower to pay for it. Even if you borrow troops, you can't borrow it. After all, there are many banditry in other places. I believe you also know that since King Su came to the fief, he has been committed to clearing up banditry. But it didn't work. That's why I came up with this method. Think about it, these bandits used to be ordinary people. As long as they have land, they can work to feed themselves. Who would want to go up the mountain to be a bandit? ? Do you think this is the case?"

Li Yu's face is all for you, don't be ungrateful, "You should also know that these bandit infestation did not form in a day or two. In fact, I, the county magistrate, can completely ignore it. What happened in the past , What will happen in the future, I am still happy and relaxed. However, you'd better hire more guards, even if one day bandits come into the city and ask for money from house to house, I don't care about it, right?

" They are all a little ugly, Zhao Wenming smiled awkwardly, "What your lord said is that your heart is for the country and the people. We also know that your thoughts are for our own good. It is good to announce government orders, but we also have our own difficulties. "

Everyone has difficulties, and this official is also clear, ah, there is another point, I have explained here, the land allocated is exempt from tax for three years, and trading is not allowed, but if you don't want to share, tax exemption is impossible That's right, I hope you can also understand my difficulties. Of course, for an official family like the Zhao family, there is no need to worry about it. If the Zhao family has an official, the land is naturally tax-free, but the others in your family can be It's not like the Zhao family, so you should go back and prepare for the taxes you haven't paid in the past two years." Li Yu said with a smile.

The three heads of Qian Chengwang's family were silent for a while, and they knew this in their hearts, but how could there be no official in their own family because their children and grandchildren are incompetent?

During the previous two-year vacancy period, there was no official in the county, so the tax revenue was naturally not supervised, allowing them to take advantage of the loopholes. Now that Li Yu has taken office, it is natural to make up for it. Hey! There is no way, the yamen is poor now, and even the salaries of the yamen servants are paid by themselves? With that little tax, it's always good to fill up.

A few people left with a black face, they shouldn't have come this time, isn't this sent to the door to be slaughtered? You have to smile and applaud after being slaughtered.

The new county magistrate looks young, but this method is really overwhelming. It's better not to confront him in the future.

Wen Jinbai didn't show up in the room, but he could clearly see the negotiation process. Although Li Yu had the upper hand, the main goal was not achieved at all. These old foxes will never give up the ground if they are killed. It is estimated that they have already discussed with the group of people. Li Yu's methods should not be too tough, otherwise it will not be easy to resolve conflicts. When people are twisted into one rope, their power should not be underestimated.

He came out and sat down, and seeing Li Yu leisurely sipping the tea just now, he didn't seem to care about what happened just now.

"What are you going to do now?" Wen Jinbai said resentfully: "These old guys are not fuel-efficient lamps."

Li Yu smiled confidently: "Didn't we expect such a result a long time ago? Don't be impatient, let's take your time."

"Although I say that, I'm always a bit unwilling." Wen Jinbai shook his head and sighed.

Li Yu just wanted to say a few words of comfort, when Chen Si, who was seeing off the guests, came back and reported: "Your Majesty, someone is asking to see you outside."

Li Yu was surprised, these people didn't just leave, and who wants to see him at this time, "But Do you have a common name?"

Chen Si's face was full of confusion, he hesitated for a long time before he said: "It's an acquaintance, the two brothers from the Funiu Mountain family who met once on the way we came to Juping County, said that they must meet To my lord."

Hearing this, Li Yu understood in his heart that the person he was waiting for finally came, but he didn't expect that this acquaintance who had blocked their way and robbed them would be the first to come to the door. He knew them when he saw their pale and emaciated faces. The life on the mountain is probably not very easy, as expected, the notice has only been issued for a few days, and there is movement.

Li Yu also understood what these bandits did these days. They were not treacherous and evil, and they treated the people kindly. Otherwise, they would not have let them go when they met them.

Li Yu's face was full of joy, "Very well, invite them in quickly."

Chen Si took the order to go down, and Li Yu said to Wen Jinbai again: "Ah Jiu, go and prepare with my little sister and brother-in-law, we have to implement the plan as soon as possible."

Wen Jinbai nodded and went down to prepare do not mention.

Zhou Ping and Zhou An were also taken aback when they saw Li Yu. They didn't expect that the passer-by they met was the county magistrate. If they knew it was him, how dare they. It's over, it's over, now I'm in a trap.

Zhou Ping and Zhou An were apprehensive, but Li Yu greeted them warmly.

Zhou Ping pulled Zhou An and knelt down to plead guilty, Li Yu waved his hands and said, "Those who don't know are innocent, and you didn't do anything to me, did you?"

The two Zhou Ping brothers glanced at each other, but luckily they didn't do anything to him because of their good intentions at that time. If the vellus was injured, I'm afraid that both of their heads would fall to the ground now.

However, since Li Yu already knew the identities of their bandits, he didn't take them down as soon as they came. Presumably, he really didn't take this matter to heart? Maybe they were on the right track this time.

After Li Yu invited them to sit down, he asked them why they came. Zhou Ping thought about organizing the sentence before saying

: "We are bandits, entrenched in the area of ​​Funiu Mountain, and they are ordinary people who can't survive. We robbed the passing merchants, but we never harmed human life."

After a pause, he looked at Li Yu cautiously. Seeing that Li Yu was normal, he said again: "We are on the mountain, and we have also heard the notice from you, the county magistrate. Is this notice true? As long as they are people in Juping County, can they all get a share of the land? You can't trick me into waiting?"

He said later, his tone was already a little eager.

Li Yu nodded, "That's right, that's what's written in the notice, and your understanding is correct. Since I dare to issue a notice like this, then I can definitely do it."

Zhou An hurriedly said: "My lord, we people in Funiu Mountain are also the people of this Juping County. Please forgive me. We are willing to take people down the mountain. As long as they are allocated fields, they have fields and can eat enough. There will be no more unreasonable thoughts.

Zhou Ping nodded, and then Zhou An said: "As for the crimes we committed, I am willing to bear them all, and have nothing to do with other people on the mountain. "

Li Yu propped his chin with one hand, and after thinking for a while, he asked: "Is this what you two mean, or what the majority of people on the mountain mean. "

Zhou Ping thought it over and said: "We have discussed with the big guys, and they all agreed. "

Li Yu nodded, "Very good, if you can reform yourselves, I will naturally give you this chance. You can be regarded as the first batch of bandits who went down the mountain to surrender. Well, as long as you come down the mountain, I can give you the same policy and treatment as other people. You also know that there are only so many lands. If you go down the mountain late, you will not be sure what will happen. "

The two brothers Zhou Ping and Zhou An were overjoyed. They didn't expect the county magistrate to agree so easily.

"Don't be too happy. Go down the mountain and come to the Yamen to receive fifty boards each. And you can also lead by example, to convince all the bandits on the top of the mountain, so that they can follow your example, when they go down the mountain, when your guilt will be settled. Li Yu said very seriously.

Zhou Ping and Zhou An looked at each other when they heard the words, and they couldn't believe their ears. What they heard was true? Treating them equally, how can this not move them? They really met a good official.

The two quickly knelt down to thank them, and they must do their best to repay what the lord has explained to them.

Li Yu waved them to get up, "Go up the mountain and give me a copy of the roster of the people on the mountain. When the time comes, the household registration and land division will be checked uniformly, and those who fish in troubled waters will not come." It was difficult. I didn't expect to solve the problem so easily. After returning, they also explained to the big guys.

The author has something to say: It is impossible for Li Yu to achieve land annexation now. What Li Yu does is to suppress it. His main purpose is to eliminate the banditry, so that these people who have no land and cannot live on the mountain will go down the mountain to farm. In this way, there will be no bandits. And these lands are all in the hands of wealthy landlords. What he wants to do is to let them spit out some to plant for the common people. As for how to spit it out, later... hehe... (no spoilers!) Thank you for your support! Refill! Thanks to the little angel who voted for me or the irrigation nutrient solution during 2020-07-16 10:17:40~2020-07-1709:18:55~

Thanks to the little angel of the irrigation nutrient solution: 1 bottle of Mufengcheng ;

Thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!