"First impression"

—"Judith, who is that?"— asks a young boy with shoulder length blond hair, whilst staring at her with his icy blue eyes.

—"Fucking god Michael! I said to never scare me like that again you ass."— Judith sharply replies, her tone full of anger. —"And this is (Y/N), she is my classmate and is going to help me with the homework, so you better behave."—

(Y/N) was surprised to say the least, not expecting Judith to spit so much venom towards her little brother. Michael seemed to be indifferent to the insults, and then looks at the (h/c) haired girl with curiosity but also distrust. The girl noticed the boy's gaze, so she gives him the warmest and sweetest smile she could made and politely nods her head.

—"It's a pleasure to meet you Michael! Judith talked a bit about you."— you warmly say. —"Also, you can always come and annoy me instead of your sister, I don't mind."—

Michael's eyes widened a bit, definitely not expecting so much respect and politeness from the girl, specially because she was his sister's classmate.

—"So you two are done? Cuz there is a homework we need to do."— Judith suddenly interrupts and begins to walk.

(Y/N) and Michael exchange looks before following the blonde teen. Judith would start the conversation with the girl again, ignoring her brother completely. The girl couldn't avoid feel bad for the little boy, so she decides to ask him questions as well to include him in their little chat, but all she got as an answer is a blank stare.

—"Don't even bother (Y/N). Michael won't answer, he never does."— Judith drily remarks. —"That's why he has no friends."—

—"It's okay. I understand he doesn't trust me enough to speak to me, I am a stranger to him after all."— you calmly reply and give Michael a warm smile. —"Take your time, okay?"—

Michael's gaze softened a bit, his distrust slowly being soothed by (Y/N)'s calm and friendly behavior. The boy still couldn't believe that Judith managed to become friends with such a nice and sweet person.

. . .

After some more walking, the three of them finally made their way to the Myers residence. (Y/N) was surprised that their home wasn't that far from hers, just a couple of blocks away.

As soon as the door was open a strong scent of alcohol rushed trough (Y/N)'s nose, making her dizzy for a second. The house itself wasn't in a bad condition, it was a bit messy but it's understandable. In the living room there was a grown man laying on the couch asleep, obviously drunk.

—"That's Ronnie, my stepfather. Don't worry about him, as long as you aren't noisy as fuck you will be okay."— Judith casually comments.

(Y/N) just nods in silence, a bit uncomfortable. She then lowers her gaze towards Michael, who's eyes were glued to the sleeping man, his face expressing nothing but hate and disgust. The girl's heart broke, he and Judith didn't deserve to live in such environment.

After the three of them made their way up the stairs, the blonde looks at her little brother.

—"Okay, me and (Y/N) are going to work. Don't bother us."— she strictly says.

But Michael doesn't move, his eyes were glued towards the (h/c) haired girl, his expression unreadable.

—"I promise it won't take us long, if you get bored you can always come and see what I'm drawing."— you add with a smile.

The boy doesn't answer, just gives a small nod and goes into what looked like to be his room. (Y/N) felt a bit awkward, maybe she's acting like a creep? Maybe she's being way to friendly? Did she say something wrong?