~1~

Killua sighed, swinging his legs. I can't believe this is what my life's come to. He scowled down at his short stubby legs. "So, how old are you?" the black haired woman who was standing in front of him asked. It was embarrassing to answer. "Seven" He despised how high and squeaky his voice got, and how people kept crooning over him and looking at him like he was some kind of adorable kitten. However it was necessary for the mission. Bisky and another Nen user had worked together to reverse age him. Not just his appearance, his entire being. He was left with his fourteen year old brain, in his seven year old body.

The woman smiled pleasantly. "and what's your name sweetie?" Killua sighed. "Killua" the woman blinked and thought for a moment. "interesting name" She pulled some hair behind her ear and to his irritation, she lifted him up in her arms. Killua blinked, then snuggled into her. "You'll be a great new addition to our family!" oh great. He internally grumbled. This was so, so embarrassing. The woman chatted to him happily as she walked. Killua barely listened, he was too busy trying to ignore the people looking at him with adoring eyes.

So embarrassing... "You'll fit in nicely with our family" she said kindly. Killua looked up at her. She just seemed....odd. Her smile's not fake, but I feel like there's...layers to it. "oh, by the way. How would you feel about having a little sister?" Killua smiled. "yeah" Anya. She was a part of his mission. He'd been given limited information about her, but he'd been told she'd been a victim of a project to be used as a weapon of some sort. That...that pissed him off. He couldn't stand people who treated human beings like objects. Especially children-

"we're here!" The woman walked into an apartment building "Sorry I'm late!" Killua observed the home, it seemed to be pretty nicely kept as well. When the walked in, a large fluffy white dog came running, barking in a low tone. "Bonddd!" a young voice whined. A blonde haired man looked up from where he was drinking coffee at a table. "Yor? What..?" The dog walked up to them and sniffed at killua's feet, then woofed again. Yor smiled. "you said to bring home a new member of the family right? Meet Killua." Killua waved at the man silently.

The man seemed to be...distressed. "Yor-" he sighed in frustration. The woman, Yor, frowned. "What's wrong?" a small pink haired girl wandered out of a room. "mama?" Killua didn't know who to look at so he just faked a yawn and closed his eyes. "I meant like- a rabbit or another dog" the man said. Yor stuttered a bit. "oh- I-I'm so sorry! I- uh-" Not good, being in this home will make my mission 10x easier. Killua yawned again, this time using a little technique he hadn't used in a while. He slowly opened his eyes, then smiled sleepily up at Yor "Ma..." Yor looked at him with a conflicted expression. "I can't just- take him back..." there was a heavy sigh. "fine..."

"Papa who's that?" Killua looked over to the voice and took a look at the small girl a bit better. He knew for sure that was his target. Although for once, it's not an assassination target. Yor smiled. "this is Killua, your new big brother" Anya's eyes widened and her eyes shined. "A big brother?" Killua was set down, and he smiled. "Hi!" he said, waving. Anya smiled more and ran over, bouncing. "Hi Hi! I'm Anya!" he chatted a bit with Anya as the parents walked away to talk. Anya seemed to be about 5 years old, which was odd because he was told she was in kindergarten.

Anya giggled. "come watch!" she said, dragging him by the hand over to the TV. Killua blinked as some sort of spy show came on. Her eyes shined and she stared, eyes riveted on the T.V. the dog walked over and sat beside them. This is kinda boring- "Look! That's Bondman! He's the super cool spy man!" Killua smiled. "cool!" Anya nodded. "Mhm! That's why Bond is Bond!" she said, hugging the dog. The dog, Bond, woofed and licked her face. Killua hugged Bond, smiling. "Fluffy" it kind of reminded him of Mike a little. Except- way less big.

A few minutes later, the man came out of the room and knelt beside them. Anya looked over. "Papa!" she hugged him, smiling. Killua watched as the man patted her head. "Hey little one. My name's Loid, your new papa" Killua looked up at Loid with wide curious eyes. Well, it was all fake but he made it look like it. Loid smiled softly and patted his head as well. "can you tell me a little about yourself?" Anya piped up. "this is Killua!" Loid chuckled. "I know sweetie, but I was asking him" Anya pouted. "ohh"

"I's seven and I like chocolate!" he said, smiling adorably. Anya gasped. "I have school!" she jumped up, running out of the room. Yor ran after her. "I'll help you get ready sweetie!" Killua's eyes shined. "school?" Loid nodded. "Your little sister is going to a school called Eden college" College-? I thought it was a kindergarten? "Huh?" Loid proceeded to explain how Eden college worked. Interesting. I suppose I should... "I wanna goes to school there!" Loid sighed. "I'm afraid you cant. Its midsemester and-" he paused for a moment. Killua whined as he waited for a response.

"I suppose if he's...academically adequate..." Killua smiled. "I am!" Loid blinked. "You understand what those words mean?" Killua nodded. "Accydemiky means like school learning stuff! And adequate is like good enough" Loid looked slightly impressed, and Killua smiled. "and im good at writing too!" He grabbed a crayon and scribbled on the paper some words, then held it up so Loid could see. Loid read the paper, then smiled a little. "You're a little rough on spelling, and your punctuation needs work, but your handwriting's neat. Good job buddy" he said, ruffling his hair. Killua's eyes shined. "does that mean I get to go to school with sissy?"

He loathed the childish vocabulary he was forced to use for this façade, but it was necessary for his cover. Loid chuckled. "I'll see what I can do. Here" he said, handing him a paper. It seemed to be some sort of test? This is....really easy. I'll aim for an 80. Killua started filling out the paper, humming. He purposefully got a few questions wrong, pretending to struggle in math but getting his English scores nearly perfect. He was sure to pass whatever test this was. Loid came back, then peeked over his shoulder right as he was finishing. Killua looked up with a smile. "I dids it!" Loid looked...proud of him. "alright, it's settled. We're getting you into Eden" Killua's eyes shined. "can I get the same class as sis?" Loid sighed. "I'll...try", "Yay!"

1167 words

To be continued...

A few things I'd like to say

1, Happily Never After is still in production, its just going slower

2, i just binged all but the last episode of this series, there might be heavy spoilers for it and HxH

3, the posting schedule for this will be every other day

4, since this book has little to no plotline, I'm accepting suggestions! just comment below each chapter ideas for little scenarios or plot and i might add it! i realized im not as interactive with my followers as i want to be, so ive started changing that!