~7~

Killua had practiced for three whole days, the tryouts were in a few minutes and he was really nervous. "I'm sure you'll do great Killua" Yor said, patting his head. They were both sitting on a bench outside. Killua was a bit jittery, he hadn't been this excited for something in a while. Yor checked the time. "ah! Its time, here I'll walk you in" she held Killua's hand as they walked into the gymnasium. There were several other groups like them, parents with children. Killua was the only male in the entire room, save a few adults sitting at tables that looked like judges. Is that- the headmaster guy? I mean it makes sense, he's obsessed with elegance. Ballet is elegant.

One of the female judges glanced over. "uh...excuse me, ma'am, you must be in the wrong room." people turned to look at them, killua's cheeks started to heat up from all the attention he was getting. Yor smiled awkwardly. "actually, Killua here wanted to try ballet as a reward for doing well in his classes." one of the parents rolled their eyes. "don't be daft, ballet is for women. Sign him up for basketball or soccer or something" Yor went to protest, but another parent piped up. "Yeah! Young boys are rowdy. Put him in a more physical sport"

There were multiple people piping up from different parts of the room, imputing their opinions. Opinions that quite frankly, didn't matter to him. Yor looked apologetically at him, but Killua wouldn't let them talk to him like that. I'm tired of all these grownups who can't even do a backbend saying I can't do this. Killua was a trained assassin. While he hadn't done gymnastics, and his age was reversed, he'd still spent years learning how to manipulate his body the way he wanted to. The headmaster was watching him with curiosity, but said nothing. The female judge cleared her throat. "Please leave the premise with you son, Ms..?"

"Forger, its Ms. Forger" Yor mumbled. Killua hummed, then decided to put his practice into actual action. He was already wearing his ballet shoes, so he popped up onto pointe. "I'm ready to start the tryouts, headmaster" He said, looking directly at him and nobody else. Killua knew that he was the one who got the final say in all of this. A few people in the room stared at Killua in what appeared to be shock, although he honestly wasn't sure why. "A child your age is far too young to be learning pointe, Ms. Forger you should be ashamed of yourself!" the third judge exclaimed.

A startled expression came across Yor's face. "S-Sir Killua practices in his room, on his own" she said. "I honestly don't know how much talent he has, or how hard he's been working. He does it all by himself in his room." Killua blinked, looking at Yor. "I just watched a few videos online and did some routines and it said to do pointe-" Killua talked for about 5 minutes about this topic. His body happened to be more flexible and strong then a normal kid's his age, so he was able to start doing pointe with ease way younger than was recommended. "Enough" the female judge interjected. "this is ridiculous, just leave already."

Killua frowned. "if I pass tryouts why can't I get in?" he walked over, keeping on pointe the entire time. He was more showing off though, because in this situation it was necessary. He needed to stand out if he was going to get into Eden's ballet program. "is there a specific routine I have to do?" the female judge was about to speak when the headmaster spoke. "No there is not, you will be scored on your elegance and understanding of the art of ballet" Yor's eyes shined. "you're doing great sweetie" she whispered to him. He hesitated for a moment.

Killua wasn't really...used to having a supportive mother figure. It really hit him at that moment, how...nice it felt to be loved like that. "You may start" the headmaster said. The room went quiet, and soft enchanting music started playing. Oh- dammit I got distracted what do I- there was a lot of people looking at him, it made him way more nervous than it should've. Killua realized he'd stopped pointe and popped back up, then slowly leaned forward. A few people from the audience murmured as he dipped his head lower and lower, still managing to keep his balance and pointe simultaneously.

He was starting to wobble slightly so he moved his hands, placing them on the ground and kicking himself up into a handstand, then again back onto his feet. Killua thought that was enough judging by the expressions around him and bowed, then smiled. "I think I'm done. I don't really have much knowledge of what ballet is, but I've seen it plenty times on T.V and occasionally on stage as well" he tried not to look anyone directly in the eye, keeping his composure. "I know I'm a boy, and ballet is usually for girls, but there are male ballet dancers as well. It's possible, and even if I don't get recognition or support I still want to try. Thank you for your time"

"you did so amazing!" Yor praised, on their way out. "I'm sure you got in! that was wonderful" Killua sighed. "I don't know..." Sure the other girls and parents had been impressed by him, but the only judge who even seemed interested in his performance was the headmaster. Yor smiled warmly at him. "well I think your performance was lovely" she said. Killua bounced on his toes a little, he was kind of mad at himself for enjoying her praise but he couldn't help it. He bit his lip. Why do I still seek assurance for my actions? I can make my own choices, I don't need anyone to reassure me that I'm doing good. I can see that for myself. Why...I thought I grew out of this?

There was only one answer he could think of. The reverse aging thing must've...brought me back to my younger mentality...back when I spent every day trying to do my best and make my family proud of me... As his brain started to wander he started remembering his childhood more. The screams he always heard deep inside the mansion at most times of day. Something that hadn't bothered him much when he was little, but as he got older and older and he truly understood and realized what was causing those screams. The stinging and soreness all over his body after training sessions. The cold grip of-

Killua was wrenched out of his thoughts by a warm embrace. Killua blinked, and realized he'd been zoned out for a while. Yor was looking down at him worriedly. "are you alright? You zoned out for five whole minutes..." Killua snuggled into her. "Mhm! Just got lost in my brain" he said. Part of him wished he could tell her the truth. However another part, the logical part, kept a tight grip on those secrets. Some secrets....are better kept as just that. Secrets. That was something Killua had learned through trial and error along the road of life. Something he had to keep in the back of his mind at all times, to not let himself slip. One slipup...and the mission could be over.

1232 words

To be continued...

Soft bean killua is my favorite Killua UvU i wish i could write more ideas about soft bean killua getting the happiness he deserves.

anygays i also have some art by my lovely friend Hope :D