~11~

Killua came to in a bed, his own bed surprisingly. He opened his eyes with a groan, sitting up. "Hm?" Wasn't I just on a sidewalk? He thought groggily. He was in a lot less pain today, which should've been more suspicious but in his groggy state of mind he could only be grateful. Killua slid out of bed with a yawn, glancing at the clock. It was nearly time for school. He looked down at his body, realizing that he had professional grade bandages wrapped around him, and his stomach twisted a little. Loid must've done that, he's a doctor right? I'm gonna have a lot of explaining to do...

Killua sighed, slipping on his school uniform and brushing his hair out. After he was done getting ready, he grabbed his backpack and walked out of his room. He yawned yet again, feeling pretty tired. He could hear the chattering of the rest of his family in the living room. However when he entered the room, the noise abruptly stopped. All four pairs of eyes turned in his direction, three of which looking startled. Killua glanced around, then looked back at Anya and his new parents. "Is something wrong?" Loid frowned. "What are you doing, Killua?" Killua blinked. "Going to...school? Its Wednesday, and we have a test." He explained.

Yor shook her head. "absolutely not! You need time to recover. How did you even get hurt like that?" She fretted, walking over and kneeling down in front of him. He was kind of taken aback by her worry. "I..Uh.." he gulped. "I just..." he trailed off, trying to think of some sort of excuse. "That's the real reason why you've been failing lately, isn't it?" Loid said, in a thoughtful voice. Killua looked down, a bit ashamed. "Yeah...but I feel a lot better today, I'm sure I can do good on that test!" He said, looking up at Loid. An unreadable expression went across his face. "No. And I can't believe you tried to do ballet with an injury like that as well..."

Killua gripped onto his bag, looking down. Why does him being disappointed in me make me feel like this... "It's alright to ask for help, Killua." His eyes widened, and he glanced up at Loid. He was smiling down at him. He saw no lie in those eyes. "There's no need to keep things like this from us. We're here to support you" Killua felt tears well up in his eyes again, god it was so embarrassing. "Yeah..but can I still at least do my work? Even if it's from home?" Yor glanced at Loid, then back at Killua. "I'm sure we can figure things out. Right Loid?" Loid nodded. "Indeed. However there's one more thing."

Killua looked up at him. "Hm?" Yor's eyes sparkled, then she nodded. Anya similarly ran over and hugged him gently, smiling brightly. He frowned, a tad bit confused. Why is everyone so excited? Loid slid a small star pin out of a box, showing it to him with a soft smile. "This is yours." Killua's eyes widened. "A Stella?" Anya beamed. "You saved second son so you got a stella! I gots one too! Jumped into a pool!" Killua blinked, then shot her a look. "Anya you can't swim-" She hesitated, then laughed awkwardly. "Yeah...papa had to come save me too."

Killua laughed, wrapping his arms around her. "You gotta be more careful." Loid cleared his throat. "I'm afraid Anya needs to leave for school. Anya, make sure to ask for Killua's classwork to bring home alright?" She nodded "Mhm! I think Becky's here now, bye mama bye papa! Byebye Bond!" She waved to all of them, then ran out the door excitedly. Killua was about to turn to Yor again when she suddenly came running back with a bag. "Becky said to give this ok bye!" She shouted, before setting down the bag and skidding back out the door.

Killua blinked, picking up the bag. It looked like it was from some sort of expensive bakery. "Huh?" Yor peered over his shoulder with a gasp as he opened the fancy looking bag. "Oh wow!" Killua's eyes sparkled a little as he laid his eyes on the contents. It was three whole boxes of assorted gourmet chocolate. The really fancy kind. On top of the boxes, there was a note. Killua gently opened the card and read the words aloud. "Hey Killua, I hope you feel better soon. Anya told me you really like chocolate. Love Becky." Huh. Yor laughed. "isn't that the girl who likes you?" Killua flushed a bit from the embarrassment. "Uh- oh. Yeah. " Loid's eyes went wide with shock at that. "Really?"

Yor laughed. "Yeah Killua told me about how she practically chases him around. It's adorable." She said, examining the card. Killua grumbled. "but I don't like her." He eyed the chocolates though, they might not have been chocolate robots but they still looked damn delicious. "These look so good though..." He drooled a little just thinking about how good they would taste. "Try not to eat them all at once, its far better to savor them." Loid said, giving him a pat on the head. Killua hummed. "Don't you have work papa?" he questioned. It was pretty late in the day for Loid to still be home. He shook his head. "Me and Yor are taking turns with days off to stay home with you. So you won't be by yourself a whole lot."

"I can stay by myself if you need to work and stuff. I do pretty well on my own." He said, then as Loid's smile faded he realized how weird that might sound. "I mean uh.." He tried to search for how to backtrack on that. "Like my old parents taught me how to take care of myself and stuff cuz they were always super busy with work and stuff." Yor tilted her head slightly. "Really? I thought your family had butlers" he nodded. "Well yeah, but they made sure I also knew how to fend for myself in case I needed to and stuff." Kind of the truth, I guess. I hope that answer is good enough. Yor shook her head. "well we already took off work for it, and either way there's no way we'd leave you home by yourself like that while injured! We'll take care of you alright?" She gently lifted him off the floor and into her arms with a smile. And this time, Killua didn't resist.

1186 words

To be continued...

I just realized i wrote this before the second season came out, and I still haven't finished it yet. So the second season isn't exactly canon for this au as it would mess up the plot and stuff, perhaps it is in the future :3

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 22 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Hunter x familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें