~10~

Hey shippers! just as a note, the last time this book was written was on Feb 2nd 2023 which was at this moment, over a year ago. so my au might have adapted and changed, as well as the plot I've envisioned and just the way I write in general. I hope you all enjoy the next chapters to come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was even more difficult for him, he felt himself slowly breaking. He found himself with so many emotions, and no way to express them. God he hated his de-aged body. He'd contemplated several times whether or not to just undo the Nen so it would all just go away. But he couldn't. Doing that would mean leaving his new family. And although he'd been struggling to come to terms with it...he really was starting to see them as family.

He sat in class, trying his hardest to keep himself focused. Anya sat next to him, glancing in his direction every few moments with worry. The teacher started speaking, and it took a few moments for Killua to focus on it through the stabbing pain in his chest. "Today we are going on a little class trip" he said in a slightly gruff tone. "make sure to be on your best behavior, alright?" he shot a pointed look at Killua, causing Damian and his buddies to snicker in amusement. Killua looked down, trying to gather himself. Well, the scab has finally started to form. It should be...maybe about a few more weeks until it heals? Well, that was if he didn't reopen it again. "Is ok big brother, Anya will hold your hand."

Killua glanced at her, then let out a soft laugh. "I'm not scared, Anya." Anya looked started, then mumbled under her breath. "Sometimes I wish big brothers brain wasn't so quiet." Killua tilted his head slightly. He remembered her saying that before, but had written it off thinking it wasn't much. But now she'd said it again. He couldn't help but wonder what that meant. Before he knew it, the class was gathering up in a line. Killua didn't know where to stand, so he walked over to anya and stood behind her. "Hey sis, is it good if I stand here?" Anya glanced up at him then beamed. "Yay! I get to stand next to big brother!" she exclaimed happily, before pausing. "Oh no! why are you crying?"

Killua didn't even realize he had started to tear up, he wiped his eyes. "N-Nothing, Anya. It's ok" He walked right behind her as the class filed out the door. He saw Damian and his two buddies standing at the front, as expected. The one right in front of Anya kept shooting him these dramatically disdainful looks. Kindergartener bullying would never cease to baffle him. Their teacher led them out of the school building and onto the sidewalk oddly enough. He noticed that Anya kept staring at Damian with narrowed eyes and a thoughtful look, so he decided to ask her about it. "why are you staring at him?" he inquired, wincing a bit as he stepped unevenly, causing the forming scab to crack a bit.

Anya looked at him with a very serious expression on her face. "Have to befriend second son for world peace." World peace? Killua thought, in confusion. She nodded, looking at him very seriously. "Very important business." He nodded slowly. I bet she's doing that thing where she imagines she's a spy again. He thought, before turning his head towards the front again. "Woah, so cool." He whispered, not trying to dampen her fun. "Quiet, you should be listening." Their teacher reprimanded, shooting a look directly at Killua. Killua looked away, gritting his teeth slightly. All of a sudden, the sound of police sirens started up. They were pretty far away, but kept gradually getting closer.

The students murmured, glancing at eachother. Their teacher let out a sigh. "No need to worry, children. You haven't broken any laws so there is no need to be uneasy." Well- Killua gulped. If the police did realize I killed those people, I doubt they'd come to the school in police cars like that. He reassured himself. But that didn't completely quell his anxiety. As those sirens grew closer and closer, Killua found himself eyeing where the noise came from. Soon enough, he saw that the police officers were chasing someone who was in a car. The rest of the class was already ignoring the sight, but Killua couldn't drag his eyes away. The cars started to pass by them, then suddenly the criminals car swerved, going straight for the teacher and the front three people in line.

The teacher glanced up and gasped, grabbing Emelie and Edwin and dragging them out of the way. But the man only had two arms. That left Damian still in the path of that car. He turned his head, eyes widening in terror as he saw the approaching vehicle. Shit- Killua didn't like Damian very much, but he was still a child. He ran forward as fast as he could and tackled him out of the way. Damian fell on his back with a thud, and Killua fell on top of him. He gasped as he felt something dig into his formerly unopened wound. Pain stabbed through his body. It cut through his chest like he was getting stabbed all over again.

He felt tears well up in his eyes and he gritted his teeth, curling into a ball. "What are you crying for? I'm the one who almost got hit by a car!" Damian exclaimed, trembling slightly. Killua didn't respond, he was too busy trying to combat the pain. Damn, it definitely reopened again. Killua let out a pained grunt as Damian shoved him off. Becky suddenly spoke up. "Hey! Killua just saved you from getting hurt by a car why are you pushing him?" Killua stayed on his stomach, knowing the moment he turned over his wound would be evident. His heart pounded in his chest, he didn't know what to do.

"KILLUA!" Killua's eyes widened, that was Yor's voice. She approached rather quickly, crouching down to place a hand on his back. "Oh my god are you alright? What happened I heard police sirens and got worried because it was near the school so I came to check it out..." Killua didn't move, or reply. What am I even supposed to do here? Anya spoke over his thoughts. "There was a bad guy in the car and he went on the sidewalk and killua pushed second son out of the way!"

His head was swimming, he couldn't even hear what his classmates and Yor were saying anymore. It all just blended together as his ears rang. I'm gonna pass out, dammit I can't pass out! He struggled against it, but alas there was no use. His consciousness drifted away, and the pain started to finally fade. I'm so screwed...

1125 words

To Be Continued...