01 | lumos

A / N

Welcome (back) to Draconian!

In this new version, you'll find that nothing much has changed—apart from the cast list (like I said, you can picture them however you want, as will I) and certain grammatical/spelling issues that older!Noelle has noticed.

Older!Noelle has also decided to add some completely new, unseen before lines from her original version of Draconian. That's a version I've never posted anywhere, not even back in 2015. But I've decided to add specific lines that I deem central to this story, which I'd initially removed because I was still testing the fanfiction waters back in 2015.

One such example, in this chapter, is Draco telling Hermione "just relax" when he brings her back home. In my version, what Draco really says is "I've got you."

Let's begin.

x Noelle  

NOTE — all spoilers will be deleted so that the reading experience will not be ruined for FTRs. If you decided to spoil in the comments, I will block. If you see any spoilers in the comments that are ruining the book for you, do let me know so I can fix that. Happy reading FTRs, hope this book does not disappoint.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 1

l u m o s

Illuminates the wand tip.

IT WAS ONE of those dusty, second-hand patrols he was never supposed to take. But then Theodore Nott, like the fucking tosser that he was, apparated home drunk that night.

Draco was awake – he always was; so he heard Theo stumble across the living room. He bit back a curse and turned on his side. But before he could close his eyes, there came three loud knocks on his door.

This time, he swore aloud. Climbing out of bed, he rearranged his features into his signature scowl and yanked open the door. "What – " His eyes narrowed when he saw his friend passed out in front of him. He nudged Theo with his foot for good measure. "Theo."

Nothing.

"Get up, you lazy wanker."

Still nothing.

Draco swore again when he realised that Theo was completely hammered. Fucking great. He stepped over Theo's sleeping form, making sure to kick him accidentally on the way, before going over to the room in the east wing, the one opposite Theo's. He quickly undid the silencing charms on the door before rapping sharply against it.

"Either one of you - head to the Quarry now. Nott's wasted."

There was a pause from the other side of the door, followed by certain muffled whispers and shuffling. Draco knew that if he listened harder, he'd be able to hear them talking, but he wasn't sure he wanted to. He'd regretted it most of the times he tried, hearing things that planted images in his head he couldn't ever get rid of. Not even with Obliviate.