48 | avada

IMPORTANT

Okay, so — the world's pretty crazy now, huh? It's a little better where I live (for now); I've been through SARS so this is like deja vu. What's hard to see though is my fellow Asians being discriminated against, people losing their jobs and loved ones, and inconsiderate assholes still going out to parties. This is the new Dark Ages now, you guys, with new draconian laws. And I'm not even the least bit happy that my titles are so apt right now.

Please bear with the delayed updates because I'm figuring out what I want to do for April. I know many of you are quarantined or in lockdown, and need some cheering up. I got you. So Draconian will still be updated, of course, as will Astoria once this is done.

So I have to know: are you interested in reading a story from Universe #1? I can't let you know anything more right now except that it's thebigone. Let me know by commenting HERE OR ON MY PROFILE and if response is positive, I will post it come April.

That being said, how're you guys? What's the situation like where you live? Please know that I'm sending all my love and best wishes to you, wherever you are.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

4 8

a v a d a   k e d a v r a

Instantaneous death.

HOW DO YOU fight a war knowing you've already lost once?

Hermione Granger didn't know the answer to that.

But she did know that she couldn't risk losing anything more. The battle had begun in the Quad next to the Clock Tower, starting with Shacklebolt casting the first spell as a Death-Eater emerged from the shadows.

Tuning her ears out to the sounds of screaming and hexing below, she took out the Cloak of Invisibility and draped it over herself. She knew she had to head to the Grand Staircase as per Draco's orders, sealing up the windows with protective charms along the way and finding prisoners locked up in any of the rooms.

But then two people slid under the Cloak next to her. "What are you boys doing?"

"Oh, come on, 'Mione," Ron's voice was surprisingly light-hearted despite the grave situation. But she noticed the tension in his eyes and realised that he was just trying to diffuse the terrifying atmosphere surrounding them. "We'll all be safe under this Cloak."

Harry chuckled in agreement. "Besides, it'll be like old times."

She rolled her eyes and slung her arms round their shoulders. The three of them made their way awkwardly down the stairs of the astronomy tower, not without the occasional bump and accidental stepping on each other's toes along the way.

After Ron had bumped against the railing for the third time, he swore under his breath. "Merlin, this bloody Cloak is far too small for the three of us."

"It's only big enough for two people, at most," Hermione explained.

"Just out of curiosity," Harry started, almost uncertainly, staring at her with suspicion in his eyes. "When you say 'big enough for two people', are you implying something along the lines of you shagging Malfoy under this Cloak?"