39 | immobulus

A/N

SUPER late update, I know, and my apologies for it. I've been really busy lately. If TEN days go by without me updating, please feel free to give me a nudge. (Thank you to the people who reminded me about this update!)

Anyway, let's welcome back the main male protagonist of Astoria.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

3 9

i m m o b u l u s

Renders living targets immobile.

IT WAS LUNA who told them about the party.

The blonde witch had apparated back to the house several days later, a cheerful smile on her face as she slipped into an empty chair at the table. "Everyone in the Order's really excited to have you back," she said to Hermione, who gave a faint smile in return, "and you too."

This was directed at Harry, who had come over for breakfast with Ginny. In fact, they visited on an almost daily basis now. Draco dreaded the day Andromeda would ask them to move in. It was only a matter of time.

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Me? Why're they excited about having me?"

"You haven't fought for the Order in a long time," Andromeda reminded him. "They're probably excited for you to return."

Luna nodded in agreement. "So the D.A. is throwing a party – "

"D.A.?" Pansy frowned in confusion. Theo and Blaise looked equally puzzled.

"Dumbledore's Army," Ginny explained, before shooting a pointed look at Draco. "The same group that Draco and Delores Umbridge tried to demolish during our fifth year. Too bad they couldn't."

Draco threw her a frosty glare and continued eating.

"Dumbledore's Army, huh?" Theo shook his head. "That's a bloody tacky name."

"Hermione came up with it."

"Oh, makes sense, Red always comes up with tacky things like that – ow!" Theo winced when Hermione kicked him under the table. "Draco, mate, control your girlfriend!"

Draco simply reached over to steal a slice of ham from Theo's plate and placed it on Hermione's. "Don't bring me into this."

"Anyway," continued Luna, brightly, "they'll be glad to see all of you tomorrow night."

An awkward silence descended on the table. While Ginny looked excited about being reunited with her friends, Harry and Hermione seemed far less enthusiastic. And the Slytherins looked downright disinterested.

"Okay, first of all," Theo was the first to break the silence, and he held out his fork, pointing it at Luna while he talked, "inviting four strangers to a party is bad enough. Second of all, inviting four Slytherins to a party with members of the other houses is far worse. And to take the icing off the bloody cake – do remember that you're inviting four Death-Eaters to a party with people who've been fighting on the opposite side for three years. What are we supposed to say? 'Hi, nice party; by the way, I killed your relative because the Dark Lord told me to!'"

Draco shot his friend a warning look. Ginny and Harry now looked uncomfortable, while Luna squirmed in her seat. Andromeda cleared her throat delicately. "Theo, you don't have to go if you don't want to – "