30 | draconifors

A/N

Hello, my darlings, hope you're enjoying this story. Just a quick side note that this story will NOT be updated next week. Instead, #4.3 will drop next week, and Draconian will resume the week after.

What is book #4.3? It's the spin-off to Draconian (after Finite). It's basically about... You know what, I'm not even going to spoil it. You'll see.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

3 0

d r a c o n i f o r s

Transforms objects into dragons.

HERMIONE ENTERED THE kitchen the next morning to find her Slytherin friends having breakfast. Draco, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. She stopped in her tracks. "Where's Draco?"

Blaise jerked his head in the direction of the front porch. "Over there."

Hermione craned her neck and caught a glimpse of Draco through the open window. He was sitting on the steps, with Teddy on his lap and Andromeda next to him. They appeared to be in deep conversation and Hermione wondered if it had anything to do with what Draco had done to save her in the prison cell.

"He's probably feeling guilty about killing off his Uncle," Blaise said to Hermione. "Even though Draco's always hated the Lestranges, and he'd do practically anything to save you – I think there's this guilt that comes whenever you kill someone. More so when it's someone you actually know."

Hermione nodded and settled down next to Pansy. They ate in silence for awhile, until her curiosity got the better of her. "Can Draco really turn into a snake?" she asked at last.

"Wait." Blaise frowned. "Draco can turn into a snake?"

"Weren't you there yesterday?"

"Well, yes," Pansy interjected, looking equally as confused. "We kept hearing people yell 'there's a snake! There's a snake!' but we didn't expect the snake to be Draco. Although," and she grinned now, shrugging lightly, "it kind of makes sense that he'd turn into a snake. He's slippery and stealthy as anything."

"So he is really an Animagus?"

Only Theo nodded. He didn't look surprised at all, just smirking with a general air of amusement. "Yeah. He's been one for almost three years now. Back when I was practicing duelling, Draco got me to help him. Took a bloody long time too."

"Wait, Theo, so you knew?" Blaise asked, glaring at him somewhat accusatorially.

"Of course."

"And you didn't tell us?"

"Why should I? It's not my accomplishment."

Hermione laughed at that. Theo was so freshly candid that she couldn't help but feel amused by whatever he said. "But why a snake?" she pressed.

"Because the animal form takes on the traits of the person," Blaise explained. "So do Patronuses, for that matter. If Draco could cast a Patronus, it'd probably be in the form of a snake too."