9 | when shit hits the fan

billie's pov -

it's been another week since maya and i were last together. that night when we got into it, she made me call one of my drivers to come get her and take her home cause she didn't wanna stay with me after i hurt her feelings.

i didn't mean to, it just came out.

it's just so much.

we've kind of been texting a bit slower than usual. not really every day either. i think part of it is because she's busy with school but i know another reason is because i've had hella rehearsals for an acoustic show i'm doing this weekend.

i was about to take a shower when i heard a knock on my door. i went to open and there was griffin.

"oh my god!" i exclaimed in a smile. "hi!" we hugged.

he had been out of town doing shows as well.

"hey babe," he said. "i've missed you so much," he kissed my forehead.

"i've missed you too griffy," i smiled as i caressed his cheek with my thumb.

"how bout we do something tonight yeah?" he rose his eyebrows. "i can cook dinner here and we can have a little date night inside."

"sounds good," i nodded.

we walked to my bedroom and he sat on my bed.

"i'm about to shower," i said as i put my hair in a bun. "it'll be quick though," i shrugged as i put my phone on the charger before walking into the bathroom.

-

maya's pov -

"i don't know," i started. "you just can't convince me that an eagle won't come down and swoop me," i shrugged to dj.

he started laughing. "maya an eagle can't even handle your weight enough."

"yeah yeah that's what they all say," i playfully rolled my eyes before my phone pinged, prompting me to look at it.

of course it was a text from billie.

i thought it was kind of sweet for her to wanna talk things out

i thought it was kind of sweet for her to wanna talk things out. i could really use the reassurance right now.

i know i know. maya, why can't you just leave billie alone?

cause i don't wanna, duh.

that's a lie. i do but i don't. i fucking lo- i mean i... yeah. i don't know bro i just- i don't know.

"hey," i hugged lou from behind.

"unt unt," she turned around and squinted at me. "what do you want?"

"can you drive me to billie's house tonight?" i asked lowly.

"i'm sorry what?" she exclaimed. "hell no!"