12 | that's suspicious

before we start, i just wanted to say that all my stories have hit #1 in #billieeilish before but THIS mf hit it so damn quick.

it hit it a couple chapters ago and i forgot to mention it but i just wanted to say thank you!!

okay happy reading!

-

maya's pov -

"good job in class today guys! see you soon," our professor yelled as we walked out of the room.

i walked down the sidewalk, with my head in my phone as i searched for a song to listen to on apple music. the volume of my airpods were turned so high that i couldn't hear shit outside.

i was walking for a couple minutes when someone came up behind me and put their hand on my shoulder, making me turn my head.

"oh," i looked at dj with a nervous smile. "hey."

"hey uh," he nervously chuckled. "you haven't been hitting me back lately," he started as he walked beside me. "you good? everything alright?"

"yeah," i nodded. "school just been keeping me busy."

"well how about we do something to take your mind off school?" he suggested. "one of the girls from the student board is throwing a party at her apartment this saturday. she lives off campus so her place is big enough."

"um i don't know," i scratched the back of my neck, knowing it's the same day as the grammy's. i mean i could because i'm sure billie will be going to some fancy after party. but idk.

"just think about it," he grinned before walking away.

i made it back to my apartment and greeted lou as i walked in. "hey um what are you doing saturday?"

"i thought you and i were watching the grammy's together that night?" she said as she reached in a bowl and threw a cashew in her mouth.

"we are," i started. "but after that's over, we should go to the party that one of the girls on the student board is having."

she slightly turned her head with a squint.

"what?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "i haven't been to a good party since i've started talking to billie."

"yeah but maya honey," she walked over to me. "do you know which girl on student board is having the party?"

"no," i shrugged.

she squinted again. "then how do you even know about it?"

"dj found me and told me," i started. "which girl is it?"

"arden," she said.

my eyes lit up. "oh," i breathed. "nevermind."

"no no no," lou laughed. "you wanna party? let's go."

"now explain to me why would i go to my ex's apartment and party with her?" i squinted.

"i don't believe that you should just not party because you wanna avoid her," she shrugged her. "you might not even see her ass."

"true," i shrugged. "alright cool."

-

days later - day of the grammy's -

billie and i haven't really gotten that much time to talk to each other besides at night. mainly because school has had me busy and she's been doing grammy preparation shit all week.

i facetimed her though because i wanted to see her and her look before the rest of the world did.

"hey," she sort of whispered. i could see she was getting her hair and makeup done.