23 | nothing to worry about

really quick: where are you guys from/ live?

(city or state or whatever idc)

k, happy reading!

-

"you guys know i'm not one to speak on things but i wouldn't feel right if i didn't defend someone i love," billie said to her fans as she was on instagram live. "maya is my girlfriend. she was pursued by me okay? she did not manipulate me one bit so please leave her alone."

-

i walked in the cafeteria area at my university and all eyes were on me. i awkwardly grinned and looked down to make my way to the line to get food.

i sat at a table by myself and people immediately started coming to sit by me. they kept asking me so many questions.

"how long have you guys been together?"

"have you seen her home?"

"does she give you money?"

"when's her next album release?"

"is her body hot?"

"how'd it happen?"

"what's the sex like?"

i tilted my head at that last question, giving the girl the meanest 'excuse me bitch' look ever. but they kept asking and asking.

"okay guys," i started calmly. "guys!" i damn near yelled. "back up, for real."

"cmon you can share something," one of them said.

"maybe she can't because she signed an nda," one boy said in a taunt. "i heard billie doesn't play around about that."

i just rose my eyebrows, wanting to tell them that i never signed one but i just kept my mouth shut. "can y'all please leave me alone," i groaned.

they all rolled their eyes and walked away.

i was so irritated that i just started messing over my food, not evening wanting it anymore. my phone pinged and i looked at the message to see what it was.

louanne 👭 - hey i think my zara package just got delivered. i'm still at work so can you go get it from the mail room for me before they close? thanks i love you and i hope you're having a better day.

i sighed and got up, picking my plate up too. i walked over to the trash can while feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"she doesn't even seem like billie's type," i heard someone say.

"yeah," i heard someone else say. "maybe she really did trick billie into a relationship."

i paused. i folded my lips and took a breath before continuing to walk and throw my food away. so weird that i suddenly have to watch what i do in public now that i'm associated with billie publicly.

i was walking around campus, trying to get to the mail room when i made eye contact with arden as we were about to cross paths.

she just looked at me for a good second and then looked down. i rolled my eyes and kept walking. and i soon made it to the mail room.

"hi im here to pick up mail for louanne fields," i told the man.

he handed me a package and i began to walk off before pausing. "um can you see if there's any mail for maya walters," i shrugged. might as well check while i'm in here.

the man looked and handed me 3 pieces of mail. "here you go ma'am."

"thanks," i grinned as i took it and walked out.