19 | good girl

"good work today ladies!" our volleyball coach said as we walked into the locker room after a full day of conditioning.

"i actually wanna just lay down and pass out right now," i breathed heavily as i plopped on the bench, sweat dripping from my forehead.

"pass out? i wanna pass away," remy, one of my teammates, chuckled right before chugging a water bottle.

i just laughed and started packing my bag. "ugh i'm starving."

"let's go eat then," remy shrugged.

"okay cool, i'll just tell lou she doesn't have to pick me up," i nodded as i pulled out my phone to text louanne.

we arrived to this burger spot and went inside to sit and eat. we ordered our food and found a booth to sit in while we ate.

"so you ready for the game this week?" she asked as she spread ketchup across her fries.

"yes and no," i scratched my head. "kind of nervous."

"yeah same," remy nodded. "so i saw on your insta story you went to hawaii for spring break. how was that?" she asked me.

"oh my god so much fun," i expressed as i sipped my drink. "here let me show you some pics."

i pulled out my phone and scrolled to the photos i took of hawaii's scenery. i handed remy the phone and told her to scroll right.

she started scrolling through my phone, in aw of the photos. "oh my god these are beautiful. look at that ocean."

"bro yes it was sooo pretty," i smiled.

"yeah," remy nodded as she was still looking in my phone. "you definitely make me wanna take a trip out th-". she paused and squinted before looking at me.

my heart kinda dropped in fear. "what?" i asked, hoping she didn't see any photo of billie.

"you have billie eilish's post notifications on?" she giggled as she handed me my phone.

oh.. thank god.

"oh," i nervously laughed. "yeah."

"i be forgetting how big of a fan you are of her," she shook her head. "that's crazy."

"what's crazy? you don't like her?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"i mean, not really," she started. "kinda overhyped if you ask me."

"really?" i asked, in disbelief.

"like she's a good singer i guess but i don't know," remy shrugged. "i just feel like a lot more people deserve the spotlight she has. like all those grammys? cmon," she rolled her eyes.

"well," i sighed, not knowing what to say.

"sorry," she laughed. "i fully just came for the artist you love. no offense to you or anything."

"oh i don't take offense," i chuckled. "i just disagree with you," i shrugged.

"that's cause you're obsessed with the girl," she chuckled. "i just don't see it though."

"how though?" i shook my head.

"i feel like she's fake," remy shrugged. "like i think that mysterious persona and shit she has is so annoying. plus, she just seems mean as fuck."

"for someone who doesn't like her, you seem to be very observant of her," i chuckled as i rose my eyebrows in a shady way.

"that's because i tried giving her a chance when i first heard of her because i thought she was pretty. but it was a no for me," she shook her head.

more than a fan | billie eilish जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें