24 | almost perfect

really quick: your favorite song of billie's?

k, happy reading?

-

maya's pov -

"lou!" i yelled as i walked in my apartment. "are you in here? i need you to take me to work soon."

"yeah," she chuckled as she walked out of her room. "where you been?"

"in the mail room tryna see why my birthday dress still hasn't came yet," i shrugged.

"where'd you order it from?" lou asked me.

"house of cb," i sighed.

"oh?" she rose her eyebrows. "you got money money."

"no i got billie's money," i chuckled.

"oh she bought it for you?" lou chuckled.

"yeah she told me to order a pretty dress for this weekend," i shrugged. "i think she's gonna take me to dinner."

"aw," she grinned with her lip poked out. "couple goals."

"oh bitch hush," i told her.

"anyway, are you gonna reach back to christy?" lou asked me, in more of a concerned manner.

"probably not," i answered quickly.

"you okay though? i know it's weird to hear from her after so long," she shook her head.

"yeah but fuck her," i shrugged. "i'm cool with not being connected to none of my family anymore," i started. "cause i have yours and billie's," i laughed.

"maya for real," lou chuckled. she knew i was joking around to cover up the pain.

i sighed. "yeah it's sucks bad but like what does she want from me? and why now, ya know? i don't trust it. so no."

"while i understand," she started. "i also know how curious you are to see her."

"nope," i shook my head, walking to my room.

"well when are you gonna tell billie about it?" lou followed me in.

"i don't see why billie needs to know everything about my childhood," i scoffed.

"because she's your girlfriend!"

"so what?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "that shit is embarrassing!"

"billie won't think that though!" lou exclaimed.

"i just don't want her to look at me differently," i looked down. "the unwanted girl whose family doesn't want her or accept her no matter what."

"okay maya cmon," lou sat next to me on my bed. "you're loved and you know that."

"just wish i was loved by these specific people though," i almost teared up.

"hey hey," lou got in my face. "come here," she hugged me. "fuck them, okay?"

"yeah yeah," i rolled my eyes.

"and your birthday is this weekend!" lou exclaimed. "cmon get amped up!" she started jumping up and down.

i laughed. "thanks louanne," i sighed. "i should get ready for work now."

-

billie's pov -

"did you fucking tell her?" my eyes got wide.

"no no of course not," lou told me as we sat their island. "she's just so bummed about that letter that i just mentioned her birthday to cheer her up."