Prologue

Since the start of the universe, abilities, talents, and superpowers have already existed. They were called syndromes, and those who have them are called super-humans, but as the world evolved into what it is today, those who fight for justice were called superheroes, and those who seek power were called supervillains. The ordinary citizens of this world are always affected by the clash of the two factions. Regardless of the result, innocent civilians always carry the burden of the conflict between the good and the evil.

Varunton was home to the five renowned superheroes who tirelessly fought for the people. They never backed down from any mission, no matter how impossible it seemed, and they were deeply loved and admired by everyone in the city.

Known as the Protectors of the Light, this group consisted of:

Replicant, the leader of the group who commanded and coordinated the team. He possessed the ability to replicate the superpowers of both heroes and villains, enabling him to adapt to any situation and confront any villain.

Arcana, Replicant's wife and the second-in-command. She had the ability to construct anything her imagination conceived, using pure magic. Her ability to create weapons, structures, and even entire landscapes in an instant made her an invaluable asset to the team.

Harmonia, the support member of the group who also had a passion for music. She possessed the ability to use music both for healing allies and harming the enemies. With her melodious syndrome, she could turn the tide of any battle.

ThunderFist, unmatched in basic combat skills, was a true expert in hand-to-hand combat. His unrivaled abilities made life difficult for any villain foolishly enough to challenge him. With lightning-fast attacks and exceptional technique, he is a threat for to anyone who dared to stand in his way.

Dead-Eye, the marksman of the group, had the ability to snipe criminals with deadly precision from a distance. With his eagle eye and steady hands, he struck fear into the hearts of even the most powerful villains.

The Protectors of Light gathered at their headquarters for a meeting, contemplating their future plans. After years of protecting and serving the city, they were considering retirement and passing the torch to a new generation of heroes.

"I'm not particularly eager for the next generation of superheroes." ThunderFist expressed his worry, looking at his teammates.

Replicant simply replied, "I am."

ThunderFist turned to Replicant, questioning, "Are you confident that there will be heroes capable of taking up our mantle? The world is rapidly changing, and the missions we faced may not be the same for the next generation. Do you believe they will be prepared for such missions?"

"Yes," Harmonia and Arcana chimed in, Arcana elaborated, "Maybe not exactly like us as a group, but I can envision a group of heroes who will be similar to us in terms of value and loyalty."

"Their unity might differ from ours, but I believe their superpowers will be even stronger and more advanced," Harmonia added, continuing Arcana's point.

Turning to Dead-Eye, ThunderFist asked,
"And what do you think, Dead-Eye? How do you view the next generation of superheroes?"

"I prefer not to take sides," Dead-Eye replied simply, "However, if young heroes ever come to me for help, I will be there to help them, no questions asked."

Replicant confidently asserted, "I genuinely  believe that one unique superhero will rise in the future, someone unlike any previous hero. It could be their superpower, personality, morals, or ideals that set them apart."

"Enough about the future; let's discuss that mysterious entity we witnessed last month,"Dead-Eye redirected their attention to a more concerning matter—the unidentified figure they had seen in the sky.

As soon as he mentioned it, silence fell over the group. A month ago, they had all witnessed a strange event—an unknown entity that appeared out of nowhere, gazed at them, and vanished just as quickly.

"It appeared mysteriously in the night sky," Arcana recalled, "Initially, I mistook it for a shooting star or a comet, but as it drew nearer, I realized it was something far more peculiar."

"Do you think it will return?" She wondered, contemplating the potential reappearance of the mysterious entity.

"Whatever, I'll use my martial arts to beat the hell out of that creature," ThunderFist confidently proclaimed, believing he could overpower the creature.

Replicant pointed his finger at ThunderFist, "Don't be so sure of yourself. As for the mysterious entity, we should wait and see what happens. We shouldn't inform the citizens about it; I don't want them to worry."

Months passed, and the group is keeping watch over the night sky for any signs of the enigmatic entity that had captured their attention. They monitored the news for reports of unusual sightings or unexplained phenomena.

Despite waiting for a year, the entity never reappeared. It was as if it had never existed—an illusion of their collective imagination.

After years of dedicated service to the city and it's citizens, they group finally felt ready to retire. They organized a ceremony to commemorate their achievements and bid farewell to the city and it's people.

As Replicant glanced at the crowd one last time, walking away from the ceremony, his thoughts turned to the future.

'You may not have even been born yet, but whoever you are, I have great expectationsfor you," he silently mused, thinking about the unique hero that he believed would emerge in time.

He was right; this one unique superhero wasn't born yet. It would take a decade before this superhero was born, but one thing Replicant didn't know was that it would be his future step-grandson named...

TO BE CONTINUED