1 - The Start of the School Year

"Take care of yourself, son." Mr. Naito warned.

"I can't believe the police haven't uncovered this criminal organization that Ruth was a part of." Hiro felt anxious and frustrated at the same time.

"Come finish your breakfast, dear." Mrs. Naito called for his child to go back to the dining table.

"Yes, Mom," Hiro said as he slowly returned to the table, his demeanor clearly not pleased this time.

"What happened?" Kristine asked, wanting to console her best friend.

"The group Ruth was a part of not only threatened me but also my family," Hiro revealed, leaving everyone at the table in shock.

"Auntie, what can we do to help?" Dan asked, determined to support Hiro and his family in any way possible.

"I can ask my father to help with security," Talia suggested, but Hiro's mother politely declined.

"You don't need to call the mayor, Talia," she replied.

Talia tried to explain further, but Mrs. Naito stopped her. "Kids, don't worry about our problem. My family will handle this situation. Let's focus on finishing our breakfast," she encouraged, hoping to ease the tension at the table."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year had passed, and nothing had happened to the Naito family, despite the warning that was broadcast on television a year ago.

...in the Naito household...

Hiro was getting ready for school. "I'm leaving for school now, Mom," he said as he made his way out the front door.

"Don't forget your snacks and lunch," his mother called out, but Hiro was already too far away to hear her.

Hiro was a sixteen-year-old high school student who wasn't popular among his schoolmates; he preferred to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out in the spotlight.

As he walked down the sidewalk, Hiro realized he had forgotten the snacks his mother had packed for him. He stopped at a nearby convenience store to grab a quick bite.

He found one, and he entered the store. As he entered the store, Hiro was surprised to see Sasha standing in front of him, also browsing snacks.

"Oh, I didn't expect to run into you here," he taps on her shoulder to get her attention.

Sasha turned around and recognized Hiro. "Oh, hey! You're Hiro, right? We were in the same patrolling group in elementary school," she said, trying to recall where she had met him before.

"That's right," Hiro confirmed. "Our teacher told us that our group had a bright future," he added, smiling at the memory.

"Do you really believe that?" Sasha chuckled, remembering those days from six years ago.

"I do, and I never got the chance to thank you for finding that Easter egg. You had a sharp eye," Hiro said, bowing to express his gratitude.

"Oh, come on, don't be too formal. It was just luck that I found it," Sasha replied, laughing along with Hiro."

"It's the first day of school. Somehow, this makes me nervous." Upon hearing Hiro's words, Sasha offered him a reassuring touch on the shoulder.

"No need to be nervous. We're both going to the same school, after all. If anyone should be nervous, it's me," Sasha reassured Hiro. She was actually really nervous to go to school today, but she lied to Hiro just to encourage him.