𝐢𝐢. THE QUEST, THE LEADER, AND THE PASSENGER PRINCESS

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒊 ─── ❝ the quest, the leader, and the passenger princess ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒊 ─── ❝ the quest, the
leader, and the passenger princess ❞

      "𝖂hat?"

Alya asked the simple question with a smile spreading across her face, almost laughing with joy. A quest! She'd wanted to go on one ever since she'd arrived at camp, and now those years of hoping had payed off and she wasn't just going on one, but on her own.

"A quest. Your mother asked for you specifically." Chiron informed her, amused by the girl's eagerness.

"Well, what— what is it?" Alya asked, practically bouncing on the balls of her feet. Luke stood silently beside her, trying and failing to hide the smile creeping up on him as he looked at her.

"As you may or may not know, Aphrodite aids Demeter in tending to her daughters' connection between the Underworld and Olympus— the crystalline pomegranate. Now, this object resides in Persephone's Garden in the Underworld, but two of its seeds must stay in the garden of Olympus for her connection to be preserved. As of recently, it has been discovered that these two seeds have been cast away by one of the eldest gods. Demeter claims to have suspicions on Apollo, but that is irrelevant in this case."

Alya's head felt as though it may explode due to that information overload, but Chiron finally got to the part that was the role she was to play, and she refocused.

"Your quest is to retrieve these seeds and deliver them back to Olympus. The sooner, the better. Persephone is only permitted time away from the Underworld for so long." He told her.

The daughter of Aphrodite nodded, and declared, "I accept. Well, obviously."

"Obviously." Chiron remarked with a smile. "That means, of course, that you must go consult with the oracle, dear child. Luke and I will be waiting for you here, seen that you return." 

The girl nodded and headed towards the old and rickety stairs, disappearing up them with her dark hair bouncing behind.

Luke waited until he heard the trap door upstairs close to ask his questions.

"Um— why, exactly, am I here?" He asked the centaur, finger stuck out in question. Last he checked, he was no daughter of Aphrodite and this was therefore not his quest.

"Patience, Luke. It will make sense once she returns with her prophecy." Chiron assured him, a knowing smile on his lips that confused the young boy.

Upstairs, the prophecy they spoke of was being delivered through the spirit of Delphi, for the mummy awakened the minute Alya had entered the room.

The girl's eyes widened in diluted fear as green smoke swirled around and enveloped her, hiding everything from sight aside from the corpse with its glowing green irises. It spoke in a raspy voice that sounded like it came from even further than beyond the grave, and for a moment Alya feared it would crawl inside her throat and make itself at home inside of her.