𝐯𝐢𝐢. THE LANGUAGE OF SCARS

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒊 ─── ❝ the language of scars ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒊 ─── ❝ the
language of scars ❞

𝕬LYA AND LUKE had to be two of the gods' favorites. They just had to. Because there was no other way that they could've gotten as lucky as they did otherwise.

By the time they washed up on the shore, the sky was stained auburn and pink as the sun set, bidding them all goodnight in its masquerade of pastels.

With the approaching darkness, the two demigods had to figure out where they were and fast.

That being said, Luke did the most sensible thing he could think of— asked the nearest stranger where the fuck were they.

The answer was Amelia Island, Florida.

Alya was both bewildered and excited that they'd made it to Florida, whilst Luke was over the moon that they'd made it to Amelia Island specifically.

Grabbing Alya's hand and taking off into a patch of trees— snagging two towels on the way— Luke took off to somewhere that he claimed they could stay for the night.

What Alya was not expecting was a homely hideout with walls woven from plants, stocked up with provisions that could've lasted them probably years. Yet, that was exactly where he'd brought them.

The place looked like it hadn't been touched in a while, which of course, it hadn't. The last people to inhabit the place had been Luke, Thalia, and Annabeth, and that had been almost four years ago.

Luke found an odd comfort in seeing that it was left untouched all these years. It was just how they left it, down to the old flannels he and Thalia had hung up to dry after they'd been soaked in the ocean. Four years later, and they were still there.

"Wow." Alya mumbled, analyzing the room. She had to admit, it was pretty impressive for some kids on the run from monsters.

"How long did you guys stay here?" She asked Luke, facing him.

The boy thought for a quick moment. He didn't really want to think about it long enough to bring back those old memories.

"About two months, I'd say. I think this one was the longest stay we had." He told her, scratching the invisible itch at the back of his head.

"Well, hopefully we won't have to be here for that long." She remarked. "Where'd you guys find all this stuff, anyways?"

By the cheeky look on his face, Alya already knew the answer to that question.

"Okay, what in here isn't stolen?" She changed her question, an amused look twinkling in her eyes.

"Umm . . ."  Luke's eyes danced around the room for a moment. Reaching towards the ground, he retrieved a wooden stick from the floor and held it out to her. "This very fine, one of a kind, stick."