𝐢𝐱. IN THE CAMPFIRE LIGHT

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒙 ─── ❝ in the campfire light ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒙 ─── ❝ in the campfire light ❞

𝕯RIVING THE SUN was a lot easier than it sounded. At least, to Alya it was. It was quite literally just like driving a car, just that the car was thousands of feet up in the air and practically on fire.

The best part of it though might've been Luke's random screaming from the back seat, along with his undying grip on the side of the leather seats. Apollo laughed half the way there from the passenger seat, commenting numerous times on how fantastic of a driver Alya was.

Disregarding the time she accidentally set a tree on fire, he was right.

The second best part was when the god had her park the flaming sports car right on the beach of Camp Half-Blood, making for "the most badass demigod entrance the millennia has ever seen," as he put it.

And that it was. The whole parking job had been smoother than Alya thought she'd make it, even though that meant the front tires were still wedged so deeply into the sand that the car would've been tipped forward if it weren't for godly magic.

Nonetheless, now the camp's two favorite counselors had made it back from their quest, and there were already campers scurrying down to the beach to see what was up and welcome them back.

Just from the window, Luke could recognized the young faces of Annabeth, Silena, and Grover at the front of the crowd, giddy with excitement to welcome back their dearly missed older friends and sibling.

"That might be the best I've ever seen anybody drive this baby! Except for me, of course." Apollo praised Alya as the three piled out of the car, Luke feeling as though he'd just gone through a few hundred rounds in a microwave instead of a car ride.

"That's the best?" Luke exclaimed with wide eyes. "She barbecued like six states!"

"I did not!" His girlfriend scoffed, folding her arms across her chest.

As the crowd on the beach accumulated more and more, the clomping steps of Chiron could be heard approaching, and the god took that as his cue to leave.

"Well, I've gotta get going. Can't keep her parked for too long, wouldn't want another 1812 incident." He said, opening the driver's side door of his car. Neither of them dared question him about 1812, there was no telling what might've come out of his mouth.

"You kids stay out of trouble," He advised as he stepped into the car and cranked it up with a loud rev of the engine. Before departing, he shot a finger gun at Alya and added, "Oh! And watch out for those prophecies, sweetheart!"

The daughter of Aphrodite's brows furrowed, but before she could question the god's riddle-some warning, the sports car shot into the sky with a cloud of thick smoke trailing behind, quite literally leaving them in the dust.