𝐯. HEART TO HEART

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗 ─── ❝ heart to heart ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗 ─── ❝ heart to heart ❞

     "𝕯ON'T YOU THINK this is a little excessive?" Luke asked, looking down at his clothes.

Luke was not a big fan of formal wear, which was exactly the thing that Aphrodite had in mind when she had told the two half-bloods the term "makeover."

With a snap of her fingers, Aphrodite had changed their appearances completely. Alya felt refreshed and dazzling; Luke felt like he'd just been shoved through about six car washes.

His cargo shorts had been swapped for a pair of nice slacks and his old camp t-shirt was long gone, exchanged for a white button-down dress shirt. He still had sneakers, thank the gods, but they were much better than the old new balances he wore with a hole in the left heel. Of course, his camp necklace was still around his neck, now more visible thanks to his unbuttoned collar. His hair had also been left untouched, though it looked fresh and sparkly clean.

Alya figured that if Hercules was a teenager in their age, this would've been what he looked like.

Contrary to the son of Hermes, Alya was ecstatic with her outfit. She wore a white sundress with pink heart detailings, a sweetheart neckline that was defined by a dainty golden chain of a necklace layered over her CHB necklace. Her shoes were the best part: pink floral sandles ( her sneakers had been stored away into her backpack; there would be no running in those other shoes ). She'd also had her hair and makeup touched up, not that it was really necessary.

Luke was having a hard time remembering that Aphrodite was the goddess of beauty and that Alya wasn't.

"There is no such thing as too much glamor, boy." Aphrodite chided the son of Hermes, pulling a curl over Alya's shoulder as she spoke.

"Now, your ship leaves in less than an hour, so I'd suggest that you adorable kids get going. And Luke," she began, pointing at the boy, whose eyes had shot up at the mention of his name. "Don't make me regret putting you with my daughter."

The boy gulped and nodded his head, wordlessly.

"Good. Now, run along!" The goddess insisted. The two demigods began to turn away, only for Alya to feel her mother pull her back towards herself. "Not you yet, Alya."

Luke stopped when she did, looking back at her with a concerned and confused look.

"Go on, I'll be fine." She assured him, offering a smirk to back it up. Reluctantly, he obliged and slowly walked off towards the coastline.

Once the boy was out of earshot, Aphrodite turned to her daughter. Her smile was gone, replaced by a serious expression that she often failed to wear.

"Do not mess this up, Alya." The goddess spoke. Her voice was sharp and carried no whimsical emotions it usually did, sending a chill through the air.