𝐱𝐢. A SIGN OF THE TIMES

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒊 ─── ❝ a sign of the times ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒊 ─── ❝ a sign of the times ❞

       𝕮APTURE THE FLAG was a Camp Half-Blood classic. Two teams, two sides of the forest, twelve cabins. One victor. And it was taken very seriously by the campers.

They spent all week prepping for the game at hand, negotiating alliances and swapping chores around as payment. Today's game was lead by Cabin Six and Cabin Five, Athena and Ares. And if they won, it would be Athena's fourth win in a row, a new record for them. Needless to say, stakes were high.

Alya stood beside Grayson on the red team's side of the forest as Chiron spilled out the rules as normal, helping her friend adjust the waist strap of her chest plate.

"Is that tight enough?" She asked before securing the belt. The blonde nodded and then she was all good to go.

Then, Chiron announced the start of the game, and the battle strategies commenced. Alya and Grayson lead a group of Aphrodite, Demeter, and Hephaestus kids over to the outskirts of the woods, their purpose to be a decoy from the flag.

Once they made it to their destination, the group fanned out to cover more ground, listening intently for any approaching enemies.

Nothing happened for all of five minutes, until a cluster of Hermes and Apollo kids came storming in. And of course, leading the crowd was Luke and Chris. Typical.

The boys had never been ones for subtlety, so when they marched on in with their group, guns a blazin, everything happened all at once.

Silena went head to head with a boy from Apollo and got him to the floor before one of his siblings came to help, cornering her until she was forced to surrender.

Grayson grew up a wall of vines that ensnared the legs of a Hermes kid that tried her and knocked his sword from his hands, leaving him to stand there, stuck to the ground as she waved his own weapon in his face.

"Where the fuck are the arrows coming from?" Chris shouted as his blade met that of a daughter of Hephaestus.

Arrows had been raining down from seemingly the sky the entire battle, striking the blue team's players and pinning them to trees and in some cases, the ground.

Luke hit the hilt of his opponent's sword from her hand, leaving her no choice but to accept defeat and freeze in her spot. Chris finished off his enemy as well.

From the other side of the huge tree that the arrows were flying from, Grayson defeated yet another member of the blue team, leaving herself a nice pile of three confiscated swords on the forest floor.

It was down to the four of them.

From up in the trees, a pointless arrow flew down and struck Chris in the center of the abdomen and then bounced off his chest plate harmlessly.