jungkook's haircut

.✧ ➤ ❝ jungkook's haircut ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

"do i just do it then?" yuri asked

jungkook nodded, "go for it."

on a early december day, the couple were spending the day in yuri's apartment. jungkook was sat at her vanity, facing the mirror with a towel around his shoulder while yuri stood behind him, a powered on shaver in her hand. she had been contemplating and prolonging this for the past fifteen minutes.

"are you sure you want me to do this?" she asked, "what if i mess it up—"

"yuri, i trust you," he grabbed her other hand which was on his shoulder, "go ahead and do it. if you mess it up, we can do get it fixed by a professional tomorrow. i can wear a hat until then. it's just hair, it'll grow back in no time."

she hesitated but nodded, taking his words for much more than they probably were. hair would grow back in no time.

his hair would grow back and they would all come back in no time.

she ran her fingers through his dark locks one last time before she put the machine close to his head and with a final encouraging nod from him, shaved a straight path down his head.

"should i save my head in solidarity?" she joked.

"don't you dare," he replied, "i love your hair. and at least one of us needs hair, we can't be a bald couple."

"i would slay as mr clean," she let out a little giggle, "anyway, should i leave you hair like this then?"

"with just a line shaved?" he asked, touching his head, "hm, i'm sure they'll let me into the military like this and i definitely won't be bullied at all."

"okay, i get it," she rolled her eyes, "i'll do the rest."

after a while, she was done and his hair was all gone, cut to the shortest it could possibly be.

"how does it look?" he asked, standing up and turning around to look at her.

she dusted his shoulders and neck, hair falling to the floor, "you look like an egg."

his eyes widened and his mouth fell open, "seriously? an egg?!"

"a cure egg!" she teased, "a very cute egg."

"i can't believe you," he scoffed, but there was a playful tone to his words. he started walked away from her.

"come on, i meant that as a compliment." she called after him, smiling.

"no you didn't!" he said as he walked to the door.

"i love you!"

"you wouldn't call someone you love an egg!" he walks out the room and yuri laughs a little, shaking her head.

"wait, tell me what do you want for dinner before you go throw a tantrum."

he peeks his head back into her bedroom, "fried chicken?"

"wouldn't that be cannibalism?"

"i hate you."

🤍

later that night, yuri laid in bed, wide awake, staring at the ceiling. jungkook was laying next to her but his back was to her so he didn't notice that she was still awake.

or so she thought.

"yuri? aren't you tired?" he asked, his voice raspy with sleep as he turned over to face her, "sleep."

"i thought you already fell asleep," she said, voice low and quiet.

"i can't sleep when you're still awake," he said, his eyes opening to look at her with concern, "is something wrong?"

"no," she shook her head, turning on her side to face him, "everything's fine."

"you sure?"

she nodded, smiling weakly. "you should sleep."

"yuri—"

"i really loved your hair," she cut him off.

"it'll grow back." he repeated.

"that's going to take a lot of time."

"this isn't about my hair," he stated, now fully awake, "is it?"

her eyes got teary, "it's so short."

"yuri," he grabbed her hand.

"you look like an egg."

he ignored her tries to defuse the situation with humour, much like she had been doing all day. all week. honestly, he had noticed the first time she did it when he brought up that he was thinking of enlisting soon. he had noticed, he just didn't point it out but now it was enough. he wanted her to talk about her feelings opening with him. "you said you were fine with it."

"i thought i would be."

"baby..." he caressed her cheek, wiping away a tear as it fell.

"we haven't been away from each other for a decade, we grew up together. i don't know how to be without you."

"maybe this will be good for you," he said, "you'll get to be by yourself for a bit."

"i don't want to be by myself," she shook her head, "that's the one thing i don't want. i don't like being by myself and i don't ever want to be like that."

"okay. okay, you won't be alone. we're not leaving you alone," he reassured her, "i won't do that."

"its not that i can't be trusted by myself. i don't need you around me all the time, i don't want you to think i rely on you completely. i don't want you to think i can't live without you, i can but it's just that... i don't want to."

"i understand. i get it, trust me i feel exactly the same way. bring apart for a little bit will only make me realise how much i love you and i'll be thinking of coming back to be with you. we'll get to perform together again with everyone, that'll be my motivator. you'll be something i'll look forward to," he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest and holding her tight, "now, i would also like to point out that that's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me."

"shut up," she scoffed playfully, pushing away from him but he only tightened his hold on her.

"i love you," he smiled before peppering her with kisses all over, "i will always be this clingy, trust me. i don't plan on ever leaving you alone!"

"stop it!" she giggled, "ugh, i was sad just now!"

"not sad anymore, are you?" he asked.

"i am, but just a little."

"that's better than a lot."

she rolled her eyes, but there was a smile on her face. "let's sleep."

"goodnight. i love you."

"i love you too," she sighed dramatically, "i guess."

...

annie's thoughts 💭:
love them omg ☹️☹️

working on a q/a chapter for yuri so
if you have any questions, leave them here!!