Chapter 4

The next day a disciple come running to Lan Xichen about the attack down in Caiyi town. Wei Ying, Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang who was nearby hear the whole thing, 'it just a rumor. There is no attack down there.'

"Wei gongzi, Jiang gongzi, Huaisang, do you three want to come?" Lan Xichen asked the three boys.

"I'll pass Zewu Jun," Wei Ying waved his hand as he turn around to leave from there. "Wei xiong wait for me!" Nie Huaisang run after Wei Ying.

Jiang Wanyin who is still there walk over to Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan, "Zewu Jun, I'll go. Since Yunmeng always have water demon as well. I'm good at capturing them."

"Alright, you can come along."

The Lan clan and Jiang Wanyin doesn't know it but Wei Ying is nearby, he is watching them, and he is looking at what they will do when there is no water demon attacking them.

When Lan Xichen and the other went out into the water, they didn't feel anything nor did they find anything at all. "What's the point of going out there if you can't find anything?" Wei Ying laid back on the tree branch high above the town, it help him see what is going on beyond the lake.

"Xiong zhang, I don't really sense anything. Why don't we head back to ask the town people if they heard anything about the attack or any death in the lake?" Lan Zhan asked as he move his boat closer to his brother boat.

"Everyone let's head back," they all turn their boat around. "Oh, it look like they are turning around. That was fast."

Before Lan Xichen can talk to one of the inn owner one of the disciple come running up to him, "Zewu Jun! Lan er gongzi!" That disciple gave the two heir a bow, "what is it?" Lan Zhan asked the disciple.

"Is Qingheng Jun!"

Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan looked at each other, then back to their disciple, "what about Fuqin?"

"He came out from his seclusion. He asking for the two of you. He want you two to head back as soon as possible."

On the top of the tree Wei Ying hear what the Lan disciple has said to Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan, "oh, so he decide to come out of his seclusion. That mean he believes what I have told him. At least Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji get to spend time with their father."

"We will come back to ask the town people about the attack. Let's all head back to Cloud Recesse," they all got on their sword to fly back to cloud Recesse instead of walking back.

As for Wei Ying, he just vanish from there and reappear in Cloud Recesse. He seat in the tree where he can see Lan Qiren and Qingheng Jun.

About a minute later Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan arrive, they walk toward Lan Qiren room, they were walking very fast too. Wei Ying saw Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan entering into his field of vision.

"Fuqin!" Lan Qiren and Qingheng Jun turn toward the door to see Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan standing in front of the doorway. "Come in you two," the two walk in, they gave their father and uncle a bow.

"Have a seat A-Huan, A-Zhan," the two went to sit down on the other side. "Fuqin, how come your out of seclusion?" Lan Xichen asked Qingheng Jun.

"There is a boy that stumble across my home. He told me what is going to happen to Cloud Recesse and what is going to happen to me. He got me thinking, that is why I come out from my seclusion. Also, I will take my place as sect leader."

"Who is this person and what did he tell you?" Lan Xichen asked his father.

"Wei Ying courtesy Wuxian and this is what he said," Qingheng Jun explain from the burning of cloud Recesse to Lan Xichen went missing to Lan Zhan getting captured to take to the Wen indoctrination to him getting kill to Lan Qiren getting hurt.

"Tsk! Does he really have to said my name," Wei Ying is annoy at Qingheng Jun telling Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan his name.

"Wei gongzi said that? But how did he know?" Lan Xichen asked.

"I didn't ask Wei Wuxian how he know. It was Wei Wuxian who got me out of seclusion after all." Lan Zhan have on a small smile, 'Wei Ying.'

Wei Ying jump down from the tree. Out the corner of Lan Zhan eye, he see a guy in white clothes with a red ribbon standing in front of the tree outside of Lan Qiren room. 'Wei Ying,' soon Wei Ying walk away from there.

"Fuqin! shifu! Xiong zhang! Please excuse me for a second," Lan Zhan gave a bow and then he left from there.

When Lan Zhan finally see Wei Ying, he remember the thing that Wei Ying said to him.

Flashback

"listen here, Lan er gongzi. I would love it if you stay away from me. Don't get to close to me or..."

"or I will end up fighting you and your clan."

"stay away from me if you know what's good for you."

End flashback

'All I want to say to him is a thank you that's all,' "Wei Ying! Wait!"

Hearing Lan Zhan call him "Wei Ying" got him to stop walking, he turn around to look at Lan Zhan. "Can I help you with something, Lan er gongzi?" Wei Ying asked.

"I...I....I....just want to said, thank you for helping getting Fuqin out of seclusion. Everyone try to get him out of seclusion but none work. What you said to him about Cloud Recesse, it is why he come out of seclusion. So thank you."

Wei Ying turn around, "No need to said thank you Lan er gongzi. I just don't want you to see your home getting burn down by the Wen clan," after saying that Wei Ying walk away from there but before that, "Why?"

Wei Ying stop walking again, "Why are you acting so cold toward me? Did I do something to make you hate me?" Lan Zhan asked Wei Ying this while looking down at the ground.