Chapter 25

I slowly entered the house and closed the door behind me. I looked at the living room and was puzzled to see my mom sobbing. I dragged my bag pack into the house, walking towards her.

"Ottuke!" She cried out and she was crying very hard, while dad sat beside her patting her back.

"Eo-Eomma what's wrong?" I asked and my parents looked at me.

"H-Hyejin ah..." My dad sighed.

I looked at him in confusion, but they're not saying anything.

"Appa what's wrong?!" I raised my voice, frustrated because I'm so lost at the situation.

"Hyejin... your halmeoni... she's gone..." Mom said in between her sobs.

I dropped my bagpack and stared at her in shock.

"W-What? I don't believe you!" I was breathing really fast, tears starting to form in my eyes, my lips quivered, and I was close to fainting.

"...Her neighbour called us and told us about it. She actually had some disease that weakens the immune system, and now she's... she couldn't survive it and she has passed away," my dad explained.

I fell to the floor, crying hard.

"This is all your fault! We should've seen halmeoni the other day!" I yelled at my mom.

My mom didn't respond to me and kept crying.

"Your daughter's right. Why did you prioritise your work?" My dad said to my mom.

"Shut up," my mum said to my dad, "What do you know better than to fault me huh?!"

"I'm just saying the truth, what's wrong with you?!" My dad shouted at her.

They quarrelled, again, and I'm extremely disappointed.

"STOP FIGHTING!" I erupted out of anger. "THE TWO OF YOU ARE THE WORST PARENTS EVER! Halmeoni just passed away and you both are still fighting over stupid things! Why can't we just love each other as a family?!"

I stared at them and tears fell. I stomped out of the house and ran away, crying my lungs out. I just came home for peace, but I'm all messed up again.

I sighed. I'm really tired.

I took out my phone and texted Taehyung.

"Can we meet? I'm feeling really down right now." --Hyejin

I reached the park and sat down on a bench, checking my phone.

"Okay, I'm already on my way to the park." --Taehyung

Tears were still streaming down my face. I just can't believe halmeoni's gone. I dialled her number on my phone and called.

"Halmeoni... please pick up..." I mumbled to myself.

There wasn't any respond. She's really not coming back, is she?

I hung up and buried my face in my two hands.

"Hyejin ah!" Taehyung called me, running towards me, panting.

Before I could explain anything, he sat beside me, wrapping his arms around me, hugging me real tight.

"T-Taehyung..." I continued sobbing in his chest.

"Shhh, don't say anything yet. You need to calm down first okay," he said, still trying to catch his breath while holding onto me.

"My grandmother's gone..." I said in a weak voice.

I pulled away from the hug, wiping away my tears. "I'm so sorry, I'm too emotional. I just don't wanna get back home. My parents are fighting again," I said.